The following offer is currently available only for Public Sector Employees and their partners. Since some of our Rpoints members will qualify for this, we have set-up an exclusive discount code for their use.
What is it?
Our Black Discount Card offers In-Store cashback from major retailers. It's a prepaid MasterCard® card with no monthly fees, no credit checks and easy online application. With this chip and pin card, you can save more on your day-to-day shopping.
How does it work?
· Just buy the card online (currently available with our discount code at cost price of £2.99 including p&p)
· Top it up and use the card to make your purchases at participating retailers
· Cashback gets automatically tracked and credited to your card account the next time you top-up
What can I save?
3.5% In-Store Cashback from
ASDA & Sainsbury's (every time you shop, includes your weekly groceries!)
This rate will change to 3% from 1st of August 2011.
5% In-Store Cashback from
Comet, M&S, Argos, Boots, B&Q, Evans, ToysRus, Homebase, Halfords, mothercare, newlook, Ernest Jones, H. Samuel, JJB sports, Topman, Topshop, Waterstones, Domino's, Dorothy Perkins and more.
The card also comes with other benefits - see the relevant sites (link given below) for details.
How do I get one?
Use our exclusive discount code RPOINTS to get the card for £2.99 (including postage and packing, with a 2 year validity). Enter the code in the box which asks for “Employer/Trust discount code”
Visit one of the following sites for more information and to get a card. There are a limited number of cards allocated to this code, after which the code will expire and you need a code from your employer to get the card for this price.
Does it work?
- If you work for the NHS get your NHS Black Card here
- If you work for other public sector organisations, get your Black Card here
Yes it does work. More than 300 NHS trusts and about 100 other public sector departments are already signed-up and they are promoting it to their staff. Our staff piloted this for months and tried out the card before we even launched it.
· If you use other cashback sites to get online cashback on top of the cashback on the card, your card account may be suspended
· It’s only available for public sector staff and their partners at the moment. The main card holder needs to have a valid work email address or go through other identification process to ensure they work for the Public Sector
· When you visit the above sites to apply, you will be asked to sign-up to these sites before you apply online
· You need to top-up a minimum of £10 and pay with your debit card during application. When you get your card, you can spend this £10.
What if I don’t work for the Public Sector?
Please let your friends or anyone who you know working in the public sector know. If we get much higher volumes of sales, we can may be try and bring this scheme to other audience.
Currently, the participating retailers only allow these discounts for certain user groups. We continue to work with providers and retailers to bring our wider member base better discounts.
In the meantime,all Rpoints members can register any number of credit/debit cards for our In-Store Cashback, free of cost.