Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Expert Hotlips

why is it showing wrong?

Two Boots orders are showing the wrong amounts and i wondered why?

first we have Boots kitchen appliances total spend was £1011.99 minus p+p £19.99 my spend should show as £992.00
    But its not,its showing as £862.61 ? please explain someone.

next i have just made another Boots main store purchase of £40.57 with free delivery as i spent over £40.
    But its not, its showing as £37.67 ? please explain someone.

Rpoints Legend richard@
    Well, the first one can definitely be explained by http://www.rpoints.com/help/6/33/

Note sure about the second one. You can use the link from your statement to submit a claim for more cashback - see http://www.rpoints.com/help/14/1038/

Rpoints Elite kryptic

Re: why is it showing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlips
    next i have just made another Boots main store purchase of £40.57 with free delivery as i spent over £40.
    But its not, its showing as £37.67 ? please explain someone.
    Did the second order contain items that have zero VAT and ones that do have VAT charged? If you have item(s) worth ~£22 that had VAT included in them and the rest of the order was zero rate VAT then Richards link would also apply. I have had this on my orders before, perfume and fragrances have VAT included in their prices and "medicinal" items tend to be zero rated for VAT, the value reported on the cashback transaction was the price without VAT. The emailed receipt you get from Boots doesn't seem to show VAT at all but there must be some way of finding out from their website.

Jason.

Expert Hotlips
    Thank you both of you it certainly looks like a VAT reduction and i shall most certainly check this out on their website, the £40 was just toiletries as i usally order in bulk.