Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Contributor 1User

A Brace of Decent Regular Saver Accounts

I don't think we are going to see the volumes of traffic seen in the Glory Days on this site but I will make a general post pointing out a couple of good accounts.

The Principality have a 4% Fixed for one year Rate Regular Saver which will take up to ?250 per month. Only catch is you have to have been a member for a year to open one. Supposedly limited edition but it has been around for a while.

Next best rate (that I am aware of) is the Saffron paying 3.5% Fixed for one year Regular Saver which will take ?200 per month. Anyone can open an account in a Saffron branch or existing members can open it by post.

The third best is 2.85% at the Ipswich for existing members and locals but that is a variable rate. You can stash ?500 a month though.

1User

Junior Member chapman
    Quote Originally Posted by 1User View Post

The Principality have a 4% Fixed for one year Rate Regular Saver which will take up to ?250 per month. Only catch is you have to have been a member for a year to open one.

1User
    Another catch is that you can only open this account in a branch or agency.

Member cmondynamite
    Quote Originally Posted by chapman View Post
    Another catch is that you can only open this account in a branch or agency.
    You are able to apply by post. I did so, because I live miles away from Wales. No problems at all, as long as you are an existing member.

Expert planteria will become famous soon enough
    i'm sticking to 5% RSs. Currently ?250/m into HSBC, ?250/m into M&S and ?500/m into Nationwide.

Contributor 1User
    The need to have a current account with the HSBC, M&S, Nationwide rules them out for me.

1User

Contributor 1User
    Tell you what. I absolutely, definitely, no doubt about it, 100% guaranteed only pressed "Post Quick Reply" once and yet a double posting? It's not me doing anything wrong!

1User

Expert planteria will become famous soon enough
    yes, it does do that.. and with you re. requiring current accounts. i have 10 in total for various reasons, including access to the M&S RegSav