Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Holmesdale BS - what is all this about?

Expert planteria will become famous soon enough
    i assume that the people of Reigate will have a Skipton branch in their home town, rather than the closest being Dorking. how long it might last for though..

the merger will almost certainly go ahead, but i'll be voting against. a token gesture 'merger bonus' sweetener for long-term members ought to be possible from the reserves.

i'm happy to support such a call for investigation. i would have thought letters to HBS and the BSA with reference to referring to the FSA would make sense, followed by contacting the FSA. the FOS would relate more to a personal problem with an account, would it not? this is broader than that.

i don't expect the Skipton to have any concern. they are the knight in shining armour, riding to the Reigate rescue. the messier it is, the more virtuous they are.
    Last edited by planteria; 3rd March 2018 at 08:18 AM.

Moderator Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    Moderator of the Month May 2012 Moderator of the Month June 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 1User View Post
    Got to say getting the press involved looks like the best hope except they seem to have already given it a pass.
    Perhaps try:

The Surrey Mirror news team. Call us on 01737 308111 or email us at editor@surreymirror.co.uk

interesting idea to 'go local' Sarah.. also, with the rescue of the society, perhaps other journalists will see a story in this after all.

Moderator Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    Moderator of the Month May 2012 Moderator of the Month June 2012
    I was thinking they might be interested for the local angle; unfortunately they probably only have a shoestring budget and are likely to deal mostly (if not entirely) in ready-made stories and advertising features, but maybe they have someone on-board with an aptitude for a bit of investigation!

agreed all round. the demise of a local institution, which is being swallowed up by a much larger Northern behemoth

Contributor 1User
    The Holmesdale mentioned by Jeff Prestridge for the Daily Mail

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/i...lls-brink.html

He laments it going but no talk of prior misbehaviour at the society.

1User

Junior Member Happybagger is an unknown quantity at this point
    The Surrey Mirror is owned by Trinity Mirror, one of thr biggest publishers in the UK, including the Daily Mirror. Problem is TM have been cutting loads of journalism jobs

Moderator LinoSack
    Another set of BS directors who have held out until forced to merge. Year by year they held onto their independence and the directors held onto their jobs and now apparently there is little to hold onto so a nil-distribution merger is in order.

I'm not sure I see a reason to hold onto my ?500 account till the bitter end. Sure it will give me a vote but at this stage I think the best thing is to tidy this account away.
    Regards,

LinoSack@Hotmail.com
    LinoSack doesn't give financial advice, as he's not qualified to do so. Good luck with whatever you choose to do once you've seen an adviser.

...or you could hang on a little while longer and be a signatory to a letter as mentioned above.

Contributor 1User
    Quote Originally Posted by LinoSack View Post
    Another set of BS directors who have held out until forced to merge. Year by year they held onto their independence and the directors held onto their jobs and now apparently there is little to hold onto so a nil-distribution merger is in order.

I'm not sure I see a reason to hold onto my ?500 account till the bitter end. Sure it will give me a vote but at this stage I think the best thing is to tidy this account away.
    No idea what account you have but possibly you have the option to withdraw ?400 and keep full membership with the remaining ?100?

1User

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast