Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Holmesdale BS - what is all this about?

Contributor 1User
    I have all but two: No Swansea and no Vernon.

My dream is Principality take out Swansea and Vernon simply open the doors again.

1User

Expert planteria will become famous soon enough
    AGM pack received today, which includes the Shareholding Members’ Resolution re merger win Skipton Building Society.
    It reads a little bit like a government scaremonger document... for Emergency Budget with reduced State Pensions if we dare to vote Brexit read “interest rates paid to savers would decrease” if we dare vote to remain independent.

Junior Member Happybagger is an unknown quantity at this point
    8 pages are wrong in mine. They've put two sheets in wrong meaning 8 pages are missing. If that's across every pack, yet more expense.
    It's hardly balanced, they are clearly only going to put their point of view. I wonder what the other options that they say they considered were?

no mix up with pages for me, but the Questions & Answers document is almost identical to the Merger Booklet for significant chunks, which doesn't make sense.

i'll be voting Against the merger.

Contributor 1User
    I will probably vote against - my usual practice, on the standard annual votes, is to vote against the board in a token gesture of defiance.

However the truth is I would like the merger to go ahead since I do not anticipate a better offer and, for me, the opportunity to close my Holmesdale Account is a bonus in itself.

1User

we all have the opportunity close our accounts at any time 1U

and i don't expect you to be disappointed by the Reigate locals uprising against their Board of Directors' guidance.

Junior Member fathippy
    Planteria - did you ever get a reply to your letter? I have addressed one to the Chairman, but suspect it may have just been binned
    planteria likes this.

i did fh. it didn't really say a lot though, just 'we are sorry to learn you are disappointed, and we note your comments'.

Junior Member fathippy
    Aha - i have a response. It is a one paragraph job from the ceo - dean fensome - who pulls the "this was all before our time" line, but he does commit to getting back to me "in the next week or so" when he has had some time to look into the matter. I suspect he has done this, because I had suggested if no reply came back that the matter was raised in person at the AGM, which may not play well with them forcing this current deal through.
    planteria likes this.