Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Enthusiast wbafcben
    Ooh I thought it had to be one of Tesco's own?

There's more info. on the scheme here. I would guess the recycling machines are at the 450 'superstores', but it would be useful if they clarified this!

j7
    Contributor j7
    http://www.tesco.com/greenerliving/t...g_centres.page

These seem to be the stores that have the machines (not many unfortunately)

Contributor tonyg is a jewel in the rough tonyg is a jewel in the rough tonyg is a jewel in the rough tonyg is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceyBonus
    Quote Originally Posted by wbafcben
    Bound to be abused by some. I wonder what the policy is on reusing plastic bags - e.g. is someone allowed to put 20 tins of baked beans in 20 different plastic bags?!
    It probably calls someone over if you enter too many bags. The only time I used it was last week when I bought something for 30p and used a rucksack, so entered one bag. The points were credited and no-one called over.
    On our self scan if you put more than 3 bags you have to wait for supervisor to confirm. Or it could be so they can help fill your bags

Member cadysmum
    just to let you know that you can now start collecting points again for recycling bottles and cans. my swipe card did not work but my key fob did.

so green recycling points are back

Member member260236
    Very hard work for a few pence. First you have to collect the empties. then you have to drive to the Tesco machine. You get a whole point for every four items. That means 200 bottles or cans for 50p which will take you about 20 minutes to load into the machine one by one. If you only have a few empties the petrol will cost you more than the points are worth anyway. Whatever you do with the Tesco points it isn't really worth the effort. Extra points on cans now but still not worth the trouble.

Enthusiast wbafcben
    It's worth it if you're going to Tesco anyway - just make it part of the routine.

Moderator Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    Moderator of the Month May 2012 Moderator of the Month June 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by member260236
    You get a whole point for every four items. That means 200 bottles or cans for 50p which will take you about 20 minutes to load into the machine one by one.
    My local store now has this facility. Sadly, however, I suspect they've changed the terms to make it less generous. I put nearly 150 items in the machine and only received 9 clubcard points in return. The display vanished quickly, but I think it said all the points added were for aluminium cans, with none at all for glass. There was a poster which seemed to say 1 point is awarded for every 2 aluminium cans... but perhaps that's the only type of item they pay for now?

Rpoints Elite Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah@Rpoints
    Quote Originally Posted by member260236
    You get a whole point for every four items. That means 200 bottles or cans for 50p which will take you about 20 minutes to load into the machine one by one.
    My local store now has this facility. Sadly, however, I suspect they've changed the terms to make it less generous. I put nearly 150 items in the machine and only received 9 clubcard points in return. The display vanished quickly, but I think it said all the points added were for aluminium cans, with none at all for glass. There was a poster which seemed to say 1 point is awarded for every 2 aluminium cans... but perhaps that's the only type of item they pay for now?
    They changed the scheme around a year ago - you now earn 1 point for every 2 aluminium cans - no points for anything else.

Moderator Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    Moderator of the Month May 2012 Moderator of the Month June 2012
    That's a pity, it seemed like a good scheme with clubcard points to encourage people to recycle. The local council collect cans anyway here, but they won't take any glass or plastic.

Rpoints Elite Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah@Rpoints
    That's a pity, it seemed like a good scheme with clubcard points to encourage people to recycle. The local council collect cans anyway here, but they won't take any glass or plastic.
    Here in Bristol, they'll take glass, cans and even batteries but not plastic. Whereas at my parents, their council will take plastic but not glass or batteries It all gets very confusing for me and I always end up putting things in the wrong bin at my parents!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4