Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Rpoints Elite Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about

Earn Tesco Clubcard Points for Recycling Glass Bottles, Cans

I've noticed that the "high-tech" recycling machines are becoming more common, but alot of people still don't realise they are missing out on clubcard points when they recycle.

What's the deal? If you swipe your clubcard before depositing your recycling, Tesco will give you 1 green clubcard point for every 4 items. Therefore each item becomes worth 1p in deals.

What do they accept? Nearly everything you would "kindly donate" to your council: glass bottles, glass jars, plastic bottles, drinks cans. They may even take food tins (will have to check this out).

Only some machines give points. They can be identified by having a slot to swipe your clubcard and a barcode scanner to scan you clubcard key fob.

The great thing about this offer is it's something most of us would do anyway - take our glass to the recycle point and put plastic and cans in our green wheelie bins.

Which stores have the machines that give points?
    Tesco have now stopped this offer

Contributor dwarfer_
    Sounds good

Do you have a link to find where the Tesco sites are that accept this scheme?

(edit) or how we can find out how where the sites are!

Contributor mark5211
    I hope the stores in Manchester do this soon, we have collections from the council but my paper and glass bins have been stolen 3 times now (dont know what they want them for) so I have to take my stuff to the local sainsburys.

Rpoints Elite blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Month June 2012 Member of the Month May 2012 Member of the Month Jan 2012 Member of the Month December 2011 Member of the Month August 2011
    We refuse to recycle our plastics. It almost certainly goes to China where it is causing huge pollution problems.

Contributor dawnylou
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5211
    I hope the stores in Manchester do this soon, we have collections from the council but my paper and glass bins have been stolen 3 times now (dont know what they want them for) so I have to take my stuff to the local sainsburys.
    Someone down the road has 2 of the kerbits and she grows her plants in them to start them off!!

Rpoints Elite Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarfer1113
    Do you have a link to find where the Tesco sites are that accept this scheme?
    There is no mention of this scheme on the Tesco site. I only know about it as both my local stores have recently had them installed.

Enthusiast anomynon
    Quote Originally Posted by blythburgh
    We refuse to recycle our plastics. It almost certainly goes to China where it is causing huge pollution problems.
    Biggest load of old cobblers in rpoints history.

Contributor ronnnie68
    So you would rather it goes in a landfill site and pollute our land.
    I would say thats your pathetic excuse for not being arsed to recycle.

Contributor massy
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic...ling#Consumers

Member starbaby
    Tesco Extra at Brookfield Centre, Waltham Cross/Cheshunt

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast