Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Member Mel29
    Thanks.

Moderator Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    Moderator of the Month May 2012 Moderator of the Month June 2012
    Some news from Matter:

Matter News

8 Sept 2010. There have been only two Matter boxes so far–the pilot edition and Matter 1, which went to the first 30,000 subscribers who joined before Sept 05, 2008. There haven’t been any boxes since.

We are working on the next edition, which will be a small version of Matter, going to some of our 18-24 year old subscribers. We anticipate this will be coming sometime mid-November.

We are working on a bigger plan to make Matter work next year, because, clearly, it’s not really working now, is it?

We ask our subscribers to be patient and bear with us, but it’s free, it costs you nothing–your data is safe, we’re not going to sell it or rent it to anyone. If you’re still concerned, we fully understand if you wish to leave, but you can always come back later.

Thank you

Tim Milne
    Matterbox creative director

Tut
    Enthusiast Tut
    Whooohoo!

"It's been a long wait, hasn't it? And the next Matterbox is different. It's exclusively from Cadbury, and is linked to an exciting idea they've come up with as part of their sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.

There will only be limited quantities of this edition available, so if you would like one simply be one of the first to respond and confirm your address.

As you can tell from this we're thinking of new and different ideas for Matter and we want everyone to join in, show their friends and spread the word about this exciting new idea.

Thank you for your patience and support. Good luck!

Tim Milne

Tim Milne
    Creative director
    Matterbox
    http://www.matterbox.co.uk"
    Make sure you reconfirm your address when you get the e-mail

Rpoints Elite picasso will become famous soon enough
    Received latest Matterbox tomorrow.

The Christmas post gets worse each year. :P

Contributor rayf will become famous soon enough rayf will become famous soon enough
    can't be a***d

Enthusiast xXxRaIcHxXx has a reputation beyond repute xXxRaIcHxXx has a reputation beyond repute xXxRaIcHxXx has a reputation beyond repute xXxRaIcHxXx has a reputation beyond repute xXxRaIcHxXx has a reputation beyond repute xXxRaIcHxXx has a reputation beyond repute xXxRaIcHxXx has a reputation beyond repute xXxRaIcHxXx has a reputation beyond repute xXxRaIcHxXx has a reputation beyond repute xXxRaIcHxXx has a reputation beyond repute xXxRaIcHxXx has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Special Contributor Award Special Contributor Award Jan 2012 Special Contributor Award
    emailed them and got this response -

''Thanks for your email. I can understand your disappointment and that wasn’t my intention.

We had genuinely not anticipated such a large response to our call for participants–it’s been so long since a lot of people joined, we were unsure we could get enough interest for the number we had. We needed 8% where 1-2% is the normal response from emails. We got over 30% and suddenly found ourselves in the unfortunate position of having to disappoint a lot of our subscribers.

The selection process was representative and not predicated on joining time or anything else.

Rightly or wrongly, we decided to write and inform them rather than expect them to write to us and say “where’s my box?” I can understand how this could come across as a bit unnecessary and insensitive and certainly, with hindsight, I could have worded it better.

My apologies.

While it may look lame, Matter’s simply proving hard to get off the ground. Advertisers fail to see the value in our enthusiastic audience and would rather make TV ads that nobody watches. We are trying new things and hope we will find the breakthrough we need to make it work. As the originator of the idea, I have a deep personal commitment to it and I’m determined to see it succeed.

I can assure you that under no circumstances will your data be sold or shared to anyone–you'll recall there was no opt-in / out option when you joined–we don't share any data because we want to ensure that anything that goes to the Matter audience is interesting and / or entertaining. We get a lot of companies who want us to send leaflets, but we decline them. Full details are in the Privacy Policy section of the Matter website.

We don't do anything to advertise for subscribers other than keep subscription open. We don't have any control over third-party websites who may promote it, but I am considering closing subscription for a while until we get the advertisers on board.

This has been a salutary lesson and will be fed back into how to manage both expectations and responses much better. I appreciate you taking the time and your input.

Best wishes''

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7