Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.

View Poll Results: Is Inheritance Tax Right?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 25.53%
  • No

35 74.47%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Rpoints Elite qwerty321

Inheritance Tax - Right or Wrong?

What does everyone think about Inheritance Taxes?

Personally, I think its a pile of crap and shouldn't be!

Enthusiast imatonkatoo
    I think all taxes are good if they are spent properly. Sadly though i don't think they are.

Enthusiast FAMS
    Yeah, it's only people that have got too much money that worry about inheritance tax. Give some of it away to a good cause, then it won't be a worry for you.

Enthusiast 5times
    Quote Originally Posted by SMFA
    Yeah, it's only people that have got too much money that worry about inheritance tax. Give some of it away to a good cause, then it won't be a worry for you.
    What!!!
    Inheritance starts at 275,000 which is not far of the price of an average house in Britain.

So you work all your life paying tax on your earnings.....you manage to pay the mortgage off and leave a little something for the kids......and the government come along and say we'll have a slice of that please.

If it's going to exist at all then the point it starts at needs doubling and then maybe your statement starts to have a point.

Rpoints Legend BangraMonkey
    you live your life paying taxes... and buy things whilst having paid your taxes. in my eyes you've already paid the taxes towards those things so why should it be taxed once again?
    A Monkey is for life, not just for Xmas!

Rpoints Elite qwerty321
    I agree with 5times and BM. If the person wanted to leave the money to the government Im pretty sure he/she would have said so in the will!

Quote Originally Posted by The_member
    why would a teenager be worried about inheritance tax anyway...
    Im not worried about it but think its a stupid thing. Just wanted to know what views people on Rpoints have on this topic.

Enthusiast FAMS
    Um, £275k is actually quite a lot of money. If you've got that much, you're too rich and your money needs to be redistributed to those who need it more - and that ain't your precious children.

Enthusiast FAMS
    Quote Originally Posted by adeemnisar89
    I agree with 5times and BM. If the person wanted to leave the money to the government Im pretty sure he/she would have said so in the will!
    I see, and do you think all taxes should be optional?

Enthusiast 5times
    Um, £275k is actually quite a lot of money. If you've got that much, you're too rich and your money needs to be redistributed to those who need it more - and that ain't your precious children.
    Yes 275k is a hell of a lot of money and you spend your life earning (and paying tax on those earnings) and saving (and paying tax on those savings) and then the government says we'll have a cut of that and either spends it on some war or other or gives it away to somebody who's been in the country 5 minutes.

Contributor theundeclinable
    Despite Adeem being a teenager he seems to display greater wisdom than you - yes £275k is a lot of cash but it's only a little more than the average house price - whilst originally imposed as a tax on the rich inheritance tax now becomes a tax on 50% of people - something gets lost in the translation when you forget about the underlying principle.

How does owning a slightly better than average house make you too rich?