Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By trasores
  • 1 Post By yaboo
  • 1 Post By rockhelen
  • 1 Post By blythburgh

Thread: can anybody recommend a good cheap laptop

Contributor trasores

can anybody recommend a good cheap laptop

my advent 9515 that i bought 2 years ago is packing up (dvd drive not working, system not booting, wifi card not connecting and not to mention that lava/magma that keeps the laptop warm), so can anybody suggest a laptop that will last more than 2 years?

i would like min 2gb ram with a min of 160gb hdd and a dvd-rw drive and as high as spec as possible.

i use it to render, surf and download and never play games on it (ps3 and xbox are for that!).

i have seen what looks like a great laptop in argos (yes i know but it looks like a great deal and comes with a free 3 year warranty!!)508/2432

any help would be brilliant - plus is still have a bucket load of region 1 dvd's for trade if anybody is interested!! (see my previous posts for details!)

oh and my budget is as little as possible - my boiler recently packed up, plus as did my 6 year warranty vax hoover (6 weeks old). max of £300+
    blythburgh likes this.
    "Mail your packages early so the post office can lose them in time for Christmas."

free wild goose chase - click here for details!!!

Junior Member yaboo

Try ebay Argos or Dell Outlet

Hi trasores.
    See whether there's a laptop that meets your requirements and is in your price range from the refurbished machines offered by Argos on eBay or offered by Dell on http://www1.euro.dell.com/uk/en/dfh/...=dfh&cs=ukdfh1.
    blythburgh likes this.

Junior Member rockhelen is an unknown quantity at this point
    I am currently using dell laptop it is cheap and comfortable for me.
    blythburgh likes this.

Rpoints Elite blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Month June 2012 Member of the Month May 2012 Member of the Month Jan 2012 Member of the Month December 2011 Member of the Month August 2011
    If you are getting a free 3 year warranty I would say that the Argos ones seems a good buy. That warranty sounds good but if you upgrade part of the machine would they then refuse to pay?

There are firms that sell good but older laptops that they have refurbished and offer a guarantee with. They are not the latest and usually come from firms that have upgraded. But you might get a reasonable machine for not a lot of dosh. Then you could save up for a better computer later when money is not so tight with all the unexpected repairs etc.

Rpoints Elite blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Month June 2012 Member of the Month May 2012 Member of the Month Jan 2012 Member of the Month December 2011 Member of the Month August 2011
    Remember to go in for Kev's RPoints comps. If you win it is a little help for the unexpected bills you have got.

We bought a Dell from Speedie, http://www.speedie.co.uk/ It was not that new but lasted us for about three years until I had got enough Amazon vouchers from sites like Swagbucks and survey sites that give vouchers not cash to enable us to get a brand new laptop.

There is a 90 day return to base warranty and free delivery on all machines. For a back up or a temporary machine I highly recommend them. Could be the solution for you, buy a cheap 2nd hand computer and get the one you really want after paying for the other more important things like fixing the boiler.
    Wenders likes this.

Freebie Guru & Expert expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute expressman33 has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Year 2011 - Winner
    Member of the Month April 2012 Member of the Month Jan 2012 Best Freebie Hunter Deal Hunter of the Month July 2011 Member of the Month May 2011
    Dell - 10% off All Laptops and Desktops (Exclude XPS Tablets). Expires - 13th Mar 13. Code - 0?3CVD4TLDVVTC. Free Shipping on all Laptops and Desktops. Excludes all Ena/Tablets. Expires - 13th Mar 13. Code - ZP0$6HGBZ9VXDF
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience