Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Contributor kes12345

laptop or netbook

getting either netbook or laptop for my girfriend for xmas not sure which to get . she will only use it for surfing and cash is a bit tight. so not sure which will be best netbook or cheap laptop. any ideas or recomendationns please. want something quite quick thanks

Contributor blobby8
    Unless she needs a disc reading/writing facility I suggest a net book.
    My daughter is at uni and last year brought her laptop home & I bought her a netbook - cheaper & lighter, she thinks its a lot better.
    If your girfriend does'nt have a memory stick get a decent sized one.
    Please dont bother to reply if you think any of my posts are not politically correct.
    You would be confusing me with someone who gives a toss.

Expert Lizzy will become famous soon enough
    I treated myself to a netbook last year after my laptop died. I have my desktop for any of the major stuff, but for just surfing, emails etc. I love the netbook. It's great for curling up on the sofa with while watching tv etc. and much more convienient to take away on holiday than the laptop. Mine's a Compaq Mini and was a fraction under £200, the other half bought me an external cd rom drive last Christmas and it all fits very neatly into it's own little case.
    Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift. Some people only dream of angels, we held one in our arms.

Ric
    Rpoints Elite Ric has a spectacular aura about Ric has a spectacular aura about
    I have a work netbook and a home 13" laptop.
    I disagree with Lizzy in that I find the laptop much better for sofa use. The netbook is too small and fiddly. However it is ideal for holidays and taking out and about with you. So I'd say laptop if primarily will be used at one location or netbook if it's going to be carried around a lot and used on-the-go.
    the moon smiles when the sea is calm...

Contributor kes12345
    thankyou for all the advice will have a shop around

Junior Member rockhelen is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by kes12345 View Post
    getting either netbook or laptop for my girfriend for xmas not sure which to get . she will only use it for surfing and cash is a bit tight. so not sure which will be best netbook or cheap laptop. any ideas or recomendationns please. want something quite quick thanks
    In my personal experience laptop is best one. I have dell laptop.it is cheap and best.

Junior Member RohitBhardwaj is an unknown quantity at this point
    Netbooks have a smaller screen size (less than 12-inches) and smaller keyboard size. They are designed to be simple and can be used to perform easy tasks like e-mail, Internet browsing, light entertainment and light productivity. Laptops can range in any screen size and can be built to do complex and graphics intensive tasks.