Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Quickest Browser

Expert steve@Rpoints
    Have you tried Safari?

Dont use Betdaq myself but just tried it with Safari and it seems to work just fine.

Enthusiast Player3746 will become famous soon enough Player3746 will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by peterparker
    Ok, so now I've reinstalled FF and can get onto betdaq without any errors but hotmail won't work i.e. cannot open any emails in my mailbox - this worked ok last night and seems to be a popular issue - may have to disable addons etc

having restarted the laptop I can now access my emails and read my inbox and I can access betdaq without any error messages..............HOWEVER I cannot select any bets/odds in betdaq.

If I can sort this out (or if anybody knows how to sort this out) then I'm 100% sorted.

IE8 - ok but bit slow
    FF - ok but betdaq issue
    chrome - error on betdaq
    opera - no access to betdaq, but quick
    This is the problem with many browsers. The attached software can prevent javascript from functioning or even worse, the attached software is intercepting your browsing habits and not handing back control to the browser in the correct manner. Even with a reinstall, some attached software will still exist.

If you start up Firefox in safe-mode, you will be given various options. Check all the check boxes and click "Make Changes and Restart".

Rpoints Elite Oggy has a spectacular aura about Oggy has a spectacular aura about
    Chrome works for me and is very fast.
    Please do not steal - the Government doesn't like competition
    Remember, age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability

Enthusiast jacquini
    Firefox WAS great, but has been terrible after some of the latest updates
    I have found Firefox terrible this past while back and am going to do what Player said tomorrow.

Don't know how many beers I owe Player now.

Enthusiast Player3746 will become famous soon enough Player3746 will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquini
    Firefox WAS great, but has been terrible after some of the latest updates
    Don't know how many beers I owe Player now

I don't know either - must be close to a lifetime's supply.

The slowing down is the number of add-ons to the browser. Unfortunately, it affects Firefox and IE but one advantage of Firefox is that some javascript code that does not tidy themselves properly does not cause memory leaks in Firefox but in IE there are leaks. The memory leaks will slow down IE even more. Not really the fault of IE but it's sloppy programming. Firefox can clear up the memory (although some developers says it should not do and it should be left to the programmer to do this if they are sloppy enough to overlook or forget to do so).

Enthusiast jacquini
    If you start up Firefox in safe-mode, you will be given various options. Check all the check boxes and click "Make Changes and Restart".
    I don't know either - must be close to a lifetime's supply.

AND MORE

Thanks again Player started Firefox in safe mode and checked all the boxes. Even cleared all bookmarks which I had far too many of anyway and the computer is running much better.

Was ready to through computer in the bin. Was putting it down to old age. Like myself

Have a good weekend.

Jacqui

Junior Member rockhelen is an unknown quantity at this point
    Firefox is very fast to work.I am currently using firefox.
    blythburgh likes this.

Member MaraJadeC is an unknown quantity at this point
    Google Chrome does it for me. And I love the clean and minimalist browser design.

Junior Member rich1993 is an unknown quantity at this point
    I used to use Firefox but switched to Chrome recently as it seems to use less memory. Arguably faster also..

Junior Member Mogoko is an unknown quantity at this point
    Chrome by far in my opinion, can't stand IE, every time I go to the library I have to install chrome before I go on the internet because IE drives me mad!