Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Rpoints Elite blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Month June 2012 Member of the Month May 2012 Member of the Month Jan 2012 Member of the Month December 2011 Member of the Month August 2011

Donna the Deer lady

Maybe it is true, the nearer the middle of America the thicker the people:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...siderate-deer/

Moderator Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    Moderator of the Month May 2012 Moderator of the Month June 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by blythburgh View Post
    the nearer the middle of America the thicker the people
    Oh my, surely that's a little unfair!

Rpoints Elite blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Month June 2012 Member of the Month May 2012 Member of the Month Jan 2012 Member of the Month December 2011 Member of the Month August 2011
    I do not know but that is what some American's say. But the link does prove it, unless it is a set up of course. Or was Donna having a blonde moment the first time she saw the Deer crossing sign and never thought it through after that?

But I live in "deer country" and see our version of the signs. If you ever spot one then do be on your guard, most of the time the animals as hidden in the wood but they can and do cross roads. If you hit one then your car will be damaged and you could even end up being killed in the accident.

Never had so much as a near miss but have seen deer crossing once, on the side of the road once, (we stopped and watched it as it stared at the car and then slowly crossed the road). And we have seen them in fields at the edge of woodland or in the woods. I let my passenger do the deer spotting whilst I keep an eye on the road of course.

But at least deer do go across the road. The beautiful but thick Pheasant walks into the road despite a car coming, then it often panics and having almost reached the other side turns and crosses back to where it came from. Hence so many road kills amongst pheasants.

Partridge have a different technique, the run down the road until they eventually turn off and enter a field or actually fly. Once drove very slowly down a road for at least half a mile as the (French) partridges ran down the road in front of us before they decided being chased by a car was no longer fun and flew into a field.
    Last edited by blythburgh; 22nd October 2012 at 12:43 PM.