Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Enthusiast rockhermit

Bad News from GEMoney 3% cashback credit card

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR GE MONEY EVERYDAY CARD
    PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY
    As part of our Customer Promise we are committed to keeping you up to date with any changes to your card account.
    We do hope that you have enjoyed using the GE Money "Food and Fuel" Everyday Card over the past 12 months, however we regret to inform you that this card is being discontinued and all existing GE Money EveryDay Card accounts are being closed.
    We appreciate that this change may cause you some inconvenience, which is the reason why we are giving you 3 months notice, allowing you plenty of time to find an alternative.
    From November 14th 2007 you will no longer be able to use your card for any further purchases or cash withdrawals. You will still need to make payments after this date and must continue to pay at least the minimum monthly payment until your balance is paid off in full. Once your balance is paid off your account will be closed.
    We understand that you may have some questions on how this change will impact you so please see overleaf for a list of Questions and Answers which should help you understand what happens next If you still have an outstanding query, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0870 126 2665 (lines open seven days a week - 8am to 9pm).
    I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for being a valued GE Money Customer over the past 12 months, and point out that GE Money does offer other products. The GE Money Credit Card is available at www.gemoney.co.uk - you can apply online and will get an instant decision. This card comes with 0% on Balance Transfers for 9 months (2.5% fee, min. £5) and 0% on new purchases for 6 months, typical 15.9% APR variable*.
    Once again, thank you for being a GE Money Customer and please see overleaf for answers to some of the questions you may have.
    Yours sincerely,
    Incompletely Visible
    Have you ever wanted to have your important files available at more than one location?
    Check out my WWW

Expert planteria will become famous soon enough
    they turned me down.

have to say im amazed they're withdrawing the card.

if theyd altered the conditions & reduced / cancelled the cashback then that'd be fairly usual, but to gather customers and then get rid of them!?

Enthusiast soma
    I was gutted about this. I've made £15 or £20 a month in cashback since this card was introduced. Going to have to scour for the best cashback replacement card come November.

Enthusiast rockhermit
    Quote Originally Posted by soma
    I was gutted about this. I've made £15 or £20 a month in cashback since this card was introduced. Going to have to scour for the best cashback replacement card come November.
    If you find a good one, let us all know.
    I'm gonna miss this card.

I presume they will knock the cashback total off the last statement.

£211 cashback so far, I will expect another £50 - £60 between now and November.

Ah well all good things etc.
    Incompletely Visible
    Have you ever wanted to have your important files available at more than one location?
    Check out my WWW

Enthusiast soma
    The one I'm looking at as a replacement at the moment is the Barclaycard Platinum. Offers 2% cashback on supermarkets and petrol, 0.5% elsewhere. The 2% is capped at £15 per month (IE a £750 monthly spend on petrol/food) which should be plenty.

There are 3% cards out there but only for an introductory period of 3 months or so, I'm not too interested in switching cards that regularly, I'd really just like a consistent cash back card for as long as is possible so the 2% Barclaycard rate looks good.

Expert stavros
    Skycard pays 2% if you choose to use it's points as free bets on SkyBet. Been using it for about a year now.

Moderator Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    Moderator of the Month May 2012 Moderator of the Month June 2012
    Don't forget the Abbey card now pays 5% cashback in supermarkets (but for a limited period only)!

Expert planteria will become famous soon enough
    i use:
    Amex Cashback
    Barclaycard Cashback
    EggMoney
    Tesco Clubcard

nowadays...id pay good money for a 3% card, let alone 5%, nowadays