Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Contributor bargainVic
    How about egg?
    They pay 1% cashback on everything and regularly have an 'Egg Reward' paying 2% on purchases at Shell petrol stations + other rewards.
    No Rpoints though

Contributor BrianStanier
    Cashback only on Egg Money card I think. And it now carries a £1/month fee.

j7
    Contributor j7
    If you have any interest in Tesco clubcard points (and their 'Deals' which offer better value), there's the Tesco Personal Finance credit card (that gives you 'cashback' as points).

Expert TOPCAT57
    Quote Originally Posted by j4mi3
    If you have any interest in Tesco clubcard points (and their 'Deals' which offer better value), there's the Tesco Personal Finance credit card (that gives you 'cashback' as points).
    I was thniking of getting the Tesco CC - how does the Cashback work - monthly/annual or what?

Expert planteria will become famous soon enough
    i have all of Tesco Finest Platinum, EggMoney (pre-£1/m) and Amex Platinum.

i think Tesco vouchers come quarterly....is that right? i use the card as a clubcard nowadays, rather than using for spending. but it makes a useful backup card in your wallet incase another card is refused, albeit rare

Moderator Chadwick will become famous soon enough Chadwick will become famous soon enough
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TOPCAT57
    Quote Originally Posted by j4mi3
    I was thniking of getting the Tesco CC - how does the Cashback work - monthly/annual or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesco
    Clubcard Points on all your spending!

Collecting extra Clubcard Points is simple and fast with your Clubcard Credit Card.

* Collect 1 Clubcard point for every £4 you spend on your Clubcard Credit Card anywhere in the world
    * Plus, your card doubles as a Clubcard. So when you use your Clubcard Credit Card to pay at Tesco, not only will you get 1 point for every £4 you spend, you will also collect points from Clubcard

At the end of each quarter we'll send you Clubcard vouchers for all the points you've collected!

thanks for confirming quarterly

ive just been through my cashback cards:

Amex Platinum CashBack: 0.5% but £3500+: 1% and £10k+: 1.5%
    Barclaycard CashBack: 1% on first £200/m and 0.5% thereafter
    EggMoney: 1% (but potentially earn the max £200 via transfers)

any better deals to be had? what's the optimum strategy? thinking that spending on Amex with Barclaycard as a backup is about there - although if dont reach £10k spending in a year would have been better always using Barclaycard for £200/month

Moderator Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice
    Moderator of the Month May 2012 Moderator of the Month June 2012

Citibank and Egg Card end cashback on CC spending

In the last week I've received notification that both Citibank (1%) and Egg Card (0.1%) will be removing the cashback benefit from their cards after 30th October / 1st November 2009.

These cards are now both provided by the same company, of course, but that doesn't appear to be a good sign for cashback CC users.

So far as I can tell this change doesn't apply to Egg Money (presumably because it's a benefit offset by the £12 p.a. fee for those customers who pay it) so losing these two cashback cards thankfully still leaves me with three others having a 1% cashback benefit (Capital One, Egg Money and Barclaycard).

Let's hope there aren't more similar changes to follow!

youre doing well to have 1% Cards from Barclaycard and CapitalOne.

are they old cards, no longer available?

Moderator Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice
    Moderator of the Month May 2012 Moderator of the Month June 2012
    The Barclaycard cashback rate drops to 0.5% after £200 of spending each month - same as you have, according to the previous post! CapitalOne is unlimited but long since withdrawn, yes.