Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Contributor map1mh

Credit Card in creedit

I recently moved bank account and there was a problem with the direct debit for my credit card and so I paid my monthly credit card bill by cash to make sure the payment was done in time.

Since then the direct debit has also paid the credit card bill and so my credit card account is now in credit.

Question: Can I withdraw the money (credit) from the credit card? Would this be classed as a cash transaction and hence incur a cash handling fee?

Thanks,
    map

Moderator Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    Moderator of the Month May 2012 Moderator of the Month June 2012
    It very much depends exactly which credit card you have but unless it's a Sainsbury's Gold Card or one of a select few others then drawing cash might incur a fee. Probably the best thing you can do is call your card issuer and talk to them about it. They might send you a cheque or prefer to return the extra payment to sender.

Legend & Competitions Guru RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Year 2011 - Winner
    Special Contributor Award Special Contributor Award Jan 2012 Spelling Award 2011 Most Popular Rpointer Member of the Month June 2011
    If you withdrew it as cash I'm sure you would incur a cash handling fee
    Can't you just spend it
    10,000 posts
    Diet 16st 05lbs
    Start 18st 02lbs 14/9
    Wiina of the Presstidgeous Comedy award

Contributor map1mh
    Thanks for the replies.

Any thoughts on what would happen if I just closed the account? Would the just send me a cheque for the amount I am in credit (with no fees)?

If there is any doubt about whether I would incur fees I will just spend it.

Thanks
    map

Moderator Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    Moderator of the Month May 2012 Moderator of the Month June 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by map1mh
    Any thoughts on what would happen if I just closed the account? Would the just send me a cheque for the amount I am in credit (with no fees)?
    I'd expect so, yes; although you might still have to actually request it.

Contributor rufushunt will become famous soon enough
    Yes, you can 'phone up and request a cheque. Natwest and Halifax sent me one, free of charge when a direct debit payment went in after I transferred the balance out to another card.

Junior Member mildredolson is an unknown quantity at this point
    Now a days there are so many credit card provider companies are available for making payment online specially for online shopping. But you have to choose secure as well as cheap payment gateway like merchantinc.com which is one of the secure payment gateway that does not includes application and setup fees and the standard rate for web/mail/phone transactions are 1.99%.

Junior Member player1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
    what credit?

Expert planteria will become famous soon enough
    in credit, ie. with a credit (+) balance.