Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Expert 41hardwick
    Halifax One Credit Card, 0% for 12 months purchase / transfers

Halifax One Online Special

Now with a chance to win tickets for a European Champions League game

Apply for your Halifax Credit Card online today and you could score with two free tickets for a selected Champions League football game.

All new card applications made online are automatically entered into our draw, so apply now and you could soon have something worthy of applause. Terms and conditions apply.

The Halifax Credit Card could be the only card you’ll ever need with introductory offers on both purchases and balance transfers. You’ll soon be a fan.

0% for 12 months on balance transfers made in the first 90 days
    0% for 12 months on purchases
    A typical rate of 15.9% APR (variable)
    A handling fee of 3% applies for each balance transfer
    Take a few minutes to apply online for an instant decision (in most circumstances).

X_NOTES:57189

Junior Member pcyam

halifax credit card

I have in the past applied for this card via rpoints (but think it was for my dad and brother), but for myself I applied just before the £10 was applicable on rpoints, i cancelled my card for well over a yr since the 0% purchases ended, if I reapply via rpoints am I still eligible for the £10?? I know I am guaranteed it as the cashier told me in the bank.

Legend & Competitions Guru RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Year 2011 - Winner
    Special Contributor Award Special Contributor Award Jan 2012 Spelling Award 2011 Most Popular Rpointer Member of the Month June 2011

Re: halifax credit card

Quote Originally Posted by pcyam
    I have in the past applied for this card via rpoints (but think it was for my dad and brother), but for myself I applied just before the £10 was applicable on rpoints, i cancelled my card for well over a yr since the 0% purchases ended, if I reapply via rpoints am I still eligible for the £10?? I know I am guaranteed it as the cashier told me in the bank.

SHOuLD be

Try and it
    and if it don't trac
    put in a claim
    10,000 posts
    Diet 16st 05lbs
    Start 18st 02lbs 14/9
    Wiina of the Presstidgeous Comedy award

Rpoints Elite kevenh_ will become famous soon enough
    Abbey/Santander are good if you can get started with an offer like the one above.

They often offer the same deal to existing Card members.
    1st Team To 100 Years Of Top Division Football. Come On The Blues!
    Now in their 109th season

Legend & Competitions Guru RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Year 2011 - Winner
    Special Contributor Award Special Contributor Award Jan 2012 Spelling Award 2011 Most Popular Rpointer Member of the Month June 2011
    If you hold an Halifax Current account,
    either Reward or Super duper,
    Then you can get a CC card
    with 05 on BT
    plus NO transfer fee
    and they will give you
    $5 reward every month
    When you spend £300+

Must be worth a look
    10,000 posts
    Diet 16st 05lbs
    Start 18st 02lbs 14/9
    Wiina of the Presstidgeous Comedy award

Contributor NewsOnline will become famous soon enough

Halifax Clarity Credit Card

The Clarity card is our newest credit card and has one simple interest rate of 12.9% APR typical variable, however or wherever you use it.

http://www.halifax.co.uk/creditcards/clarity.asp

What's really exciting about Clarity is that there are no usage fees:
    No fee to transfer a balance
    No cash withdrawal fee
    No fee to use it anywhere worldwide
    No annual fee.
    That's it, it really is that simple!
    Find out more about our rates and charges in the summary box (new window).
    If you’re a Halifax current account customer find out how you can get cashback!

To get the cashback:
    £5 cashback will be credited to your account the month after the statement period in which you spent £300
    You must stay within your credit limit and make your payments on time.
    If any purchases are refunded into your account they will not count towards the £300 spend requirement.

Moderator Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    Moderator of the Month May 2012 Moderator of the Month June 2012
    The Halifax Rewards Clarity Card is a great cashback card, paying over 1% if you spend between £300 and £500 per month (it's a flat rate reward of £5 cashback once you qualify, so if you spend over £500 per month the percentage cashback actually then falls below 1%; therefore better to spend any excess on another 1% cashback card if you have one).

My application for this card was declined, perhaps not helped by already having a Halifax All-In-One Card, however they'll be providing a facility very soon for existing holders of other Halifax credit cards to easily swap them for the Halifax Rewards Clarity Card (so no risk of being declined, offered a reduced credit limit or left without a card through cancellation).

http://www.halifax.co.uk/creditcards...ty-rewards.asp