Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Enthusiast SmartInvestor

Protection when paying by credit card

A slightly off the wall question that I am hoping that someone "in the know" will be able to answer...

I am aware that when paying for goods (over £100) by credit card the card company offers protection in that they are jointly liable.

My question is, does this protection still apply if the payment (for the deposit for a holiday) is made by credit card cheque?

Thanks in advance.

Jef
    DYOR. Nothing I say should be taken as financial advice. I am not an IFA, just someone with an interest in money!

SI

Enthusiast SmartInvestor
    Nice one Ric.

Thanks very much - rated!

It looks like I will need to try and find another way of getting the protection I am looking for.

I am making a private booking on a gite in France. It has occured to me that I can send quite a lot of money to someone that I do not know and when I get to France next year my hoiliday could be ruined if the owner or gite are not genuine.
    DYOR. Nothing I say should be taken as financial advice. I am not an IFA, just someone with an interest in money!

SI

Junior Member mildredolson is an unknown quantity at this point
    Now a days security is must necessary for all kind of payment weather it is by check,cash or by credit cards. When you make payment online at that time you have to make payment through credit cards using any payment gateway which should be secure like merchantinc.com which is one of the secure as well as merchant friendly payment gateway that provides advanced fraud detection suite so you can customize filters and tools to match your business needs.