Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Rpoints Legend BangraMonkey
    Click here to visit RSPCA Credit Card

£20 payment to the RSPCA when you first spend on your card!

• 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 12 months from the date your account is opened (3% handling fee applies)
    • 0% p.a. on card purchases* for 3 months from the date the account is opened
    • 15.9% APR typical rate (variable)

The first time you use your card MBNA will make a payment to RSPCA, plus further payments made every year you continue to use your card and additional payments made every time you use your card, all at no extra cost to you.

*See summary box for details of how payments to the account will be allocated.

X_NOTES:s:2507
    A Monkey is for life, not just for Xmas!

Juz
    Contributor Juz
    I have taken this card out (who could resist a yawning kitty in their wallet? ) and am using the 9 months interest free balance transfers.

This is the first time I've used such a thing though, and despite reading the t&c leaflet that came with the card I'm still none the wiser...

Say for example the card had a credit limit of £2000 and I transfered a balance from another credit card of £1000. Then the next day I spent £500 on the card with a store purchase. The following month I believe I would have a balance on the card of £1520 (£1000 bt, £20 bt 2% fee, £500 purchase). I know that £500 of this would be due interest if I didn't pay it off, and that £1000 of it would not be due interest, but what about the £20 2% fee? Would I have to pay this off? And if I paid of £200 of the balance, which bit of the balance would this go towards? Would it pay off the bits that incur interest or would it knock it off the balance transfer leaveing me with the full interest owing amount?

I guess what I'm trying to establish is, can I use it for interest free balance transfers AND for spending in shops? Or can it only be used for one or the other without incurring interest?

JL
    Rpoints Legend JL
    The Summary Box can be found here: http://www.beneficialcard.co.uk/rspc...=XHEG&COUP=RS2

In general it's best not to mix balance transfers and purchases on the same card unless the 0% deal (or whatever promotional rate) applies to both for the same term. Most cards allocate payments against the 0% balance first so if you put purchases on the card as well as a BT, you'd find yourself paying 16.9% + on those purchases until the whole of the balance has been repaid.

Juz
    Contributor Juz
    thanks for the prompt reply, i will just leave it for the balance transfers now then and wait until after 9 months to use it for purchases. thankyou!

Member dave757
    I see this offer is now suspended - any more info on this? I used this offer a few months ago and got one of the credit cards, and my points are showing as extended. Is there any likelihood of ever getting them?

Rpoints Legend BangraMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by dave757
    I see this offer is now suspended - any more info on this? I used this offer a few months ago and got one of the credit cards, and my points are showing as extended. Is there any likelihood of ever getting them?
    as long as you received the card and made the transaction while it was on offer than you will receive the points
    A Monkey is for life, not just for Xmas!

Member dave757
    I did indeed - I hope to get the points in due course then.

Member dave757
    Still waiting... it's still showing as Extended. The transaction date is 23rd October... so it's getting on for four months ago.

edit - they were awarded this morning (14th) so that's either an amazing coincidence or someone from rpoints kindly intervened after seeing this thread

Banned jeckysmith is an unknown quantity at this point
    I am getting across this thread and found this thread interesting and helpful.