Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
    Contributor tonyg is a jewel in the rough tonyg is a jewel in the rough tonyg is a jewel in the rough tonyg is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by Berisford
    After visiting Tesco this a.m. I'm more convinced the honeymoon is shortly going to be over.

A jerk in front of me had about £7.00 worth of groceries, when it comes to paying he reaches into his inside pocket and brings out the biggest wad of coupons I've seen!

He was determined not to pay any cash and tried to juggle to coupon values to match the decreasing checkout bill. There was quite a bit of argie bargie about duplicate, non scanning and non stocked items. I felt quite sorry for the poor lad on the till.

Anyway, to my point, I commented to the CO about the actions of the guy and he told me the coupon thing had suddenly become very popular in the last couple of weeks and how most of the CO's find it difficult to check every one as there are a high percentage of forged ones being passed. His opinion was that it would shortly be stopped, certainly for the internet printed ones.

The clock is ticking I fear. Well done Martin 'grab it' Lewis.
    The time has arrived Tesco's pulling plug over weekend on accepting any old coupons to only if you have bought the product the coupon is for.
    Got rid of couple magazine coupons yesterday morning but today coupons were refused. Was great while it lasted

Moderator Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    Moderator of the Month May 2012 Moderator of the Month June 2012
    Yes from what I've read some stores have been instructed to no longer accept coupons unless customers have bought the product; apparently commencing 5/10/2009. However it's going to apply only in selected stores (as a trial?) for now; others may continue to accept coupons according to normal store policy in the meantime.

Moderator nina_c79
    Apparently now applicable in all stores

A Tesco spokesman says: "As of last Friday, when using a voucher, whether issued by Tesco or a supplier, you have to buy the product the voucher is intended for. This applies in all Tesco stores."
    http://tinyurl.com/yac26yg

Contributor tonyg is a jewel in the rough tonyg is a jewel in the rough tonyg is a jewel in the rough tonyg is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by nina_c79
    Apparently now applicable in all stores

A Tesco spokesman says: "As of last Friday, when using a voucher, whether issued by Tesco or a supplier, you have to buy the product the voucher is intended for. This applies in all Tesco stores."
    http://tinyurl.com/yac26yg
    Yea thats what I thought sa meant

Rpoints Elite blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute blythburgh has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Month June 2012 Member of the Month May 2012 Member of the Month Jan 2012 Member of the Month December 2011 Member of the Month August 2011
    Person in front of me had 2 coupons refused but assistant did apologise and say they had been told only to accept coupons if the item had been bought.

Thankfully my internet coupon (only printed once) was accepted as I had bought the item.

Got frogmarched out of Tesco today for using them against a different product. The manager was SEETHING.

Rpoints Elite Silhouette
    I saw a lady in front of mes pile of 30-40 vouchers dwindled down to 3 useable.

The look on her face will stay with me ‘till the grave.

Beautiful!

“Oh im sorry, are you annoyed im not knocking 40p off your butter because you have a coupon for a Black & Decker cordless drill?”

I could sit there all day and “people watch”

Contributor bean2
    unlucky VB

any more news on the midlands MEET?

Rpoints Elite Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about
    One of my local Tesco Metros has now sealed up the coupon slot on the self-scan, like Asda have done in most of their stores.

I managed to put a few vouchers into the self-scan at another store last week, but it did call the person over when I got to 10%. She wasn't happy, but took the vouchers anyway.

Contributor Jazzy will become famous soon enough Jazzy will become famous soon enough
    My Tescos had stopped taking vouchers (unless you buy) for months before the new policy because some people were using fakes.