Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    JL
    Rpoints Legend JL

Supermarkets' Coupon Policies

A very helpful summary from MSE:

Replies From Those Supermarkets That Had The Manners To Reply To My Requests For Their Coupon Acceptance Policy.

ASDA

Thank you for your e-mail.

In response to your query we do except coupons whether you purchase the item that the coupon has been printed for or not.

However there are a couple of restrictions. If a coupon specifically states it is only valid at a specific store (which is not ASDA) we cannot accept the coupon. Coupons or vouchers from the ASDA magazine can only be used when the product is purchased. It is also up to the stores discretion how many coupons they except per shop.

On the subject of loyalty cards there are currently no plans for ASDA to introduce this type of marketing tool. The cost of running a loyalty card scheme would inevitably push up the prices of products we sell instore. Whilst we did trial a loyalty cards in some of our stores our customer focus groups showed us that customers prefer "Pounds in their pockets, not points on their cards"

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Kind Regards. Fiona Althingy ASDA Customer Relations

COOP

Thank you for your e mail regarding coupons. Firstly my apologies for the delay in responding and I hope the following will answer your enquiry.

Co-op will honour all original Suppliers coupons/vouchers that appear in National Press - not photocopies, on pack or part of a leaflet. Unfortunately we would not accept coupons/vouchers that have been printed off from the internet.

Hope this helps and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards Brian Moses Customer Relations - The Co-operative Group

TESCO

Thank you for your e-mail.

In regard to your main query you do not need to purchase the product in order to use the coupon.

Unfortunately we do not accept any other competitors vouchers apart from there conditional spend ones ie - £50 get £5 off. You are totally correct that our magazine vouchers have to be redeemed against the actual product.

Kind Regards Samantha Bell Customer Service Manager

SPAR

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we do not have a universal answer for your query. SPAR in the UK is made up of six regional distribution centres, details of which can be found in the Links section of the website.
    Therefore the answer to your question could be different depending on the area you live in the UK. Please contact our RDC for your area by finding your area on our map in the Links section of our website or if you wish to reply to my email with the area you live in, I can forward you their address details.

Kind Regards Sarah Healy

ICELAND

Thank you for your enquiry.
    Whilst shopping at an Iceland store it is the discression of the
    individual
    store as to whether they accept theses vouchers/coupons.

If you are using the home shopping facility (?) I can request one of
    their
    customer care advisors to e-mail you with their policy.

regards

Deborah Martin

SAFEWAY

Thank you for your recent enquiry.

I can confirm that Safeway policy regarding the acceptance of coupons, including Internet coupons, is as follows.

We accept valid date suppliers’ coupons for the purpose of merchandise, provided, that Safeway offer product from the named supplier.

A customer may redeem no more than six identical coupons from one supplier, unless he or she is actually purchasing the named product in quantities in excess of 6.

Coupons are not exchanged for cash. The total value of coupons redeemed must not exceed the value of the bill.

I trust that this information is helpful to you. Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards

Hayley
    Customer Service Department

SAINSBURY

Thankyou for your e-mail.

In answer to your question relating to the redemption of coupons\ vouchers, they have to be redeemed against the relevant product stated.

However, when redeeming internet vouchers ,( STY ) it is one per transaction relating to the spend required stated on the voucher.

Hope this is of some help.

Kind regards, Susan Shaw Sainsbury's Customer Services

BUDGENS

Thank you for your email.
    We only accept coupons for items that have been purchased and that are sold in our stores.
    I hope this information is helpful.
    Yours sincerely,
    Joy Newham
    Customer Services Manager

Morrisons, Somerfields and Kwiksave just would not reply

Hope this is of some help I take them with me when I go shopping. I have had some great fun at the checkouts

Cheers.

LM
    Full thread here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi...num=1076571423

Rpoints Elite SameOldStory
    It would be interesting to see if they answered the same if asked again.

great summary though

Member dervish
    Whats happening with Safeway now?

Andrea says there might be changes with their coupon policy vis a vis Morrisons?

Enthusiast Nanny Rose
    I tried my local safeway for the first time this week, and they point blank refused to accept ANY of my wishvalue coupons.

Member dervish
    anyone else no of any changes to safeway coupon pollicy recently?

Moderator Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    Moderator of the Month May 2012 Moderator of the Month June 2012
    So far as I'm concerned it can only be for the better, as I've never been able to pursuade Safeway to accept any coupon except against purchased products.

Sitting on a mounting pile of coupons now -- with Tesco also being obstinate recently it's really hard to use 'em up! No Asda in my area unfortunately!

JL
    Rpoints Legend JL
    Sitting on a mounting pile of coupons now -- with Tesco also being obstinate recently it's really hard to use 'em up!(
    If they're going to waste anyway, I could help you out!!

Seriously if you can't get rid of them, and they're pukka mfrs coupons with reasonable time limits, we'll try to get them through and go halves on the value with you. Of any interest to you?

Moderator Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice Sarah is just really nice
    Cheers JL, will get in touch if there may be an opportunity after my next Tesco visit.

Contributor Jazzy will become famous soon enough Jazzy will become famous soon enough
    You should do what I do, keep a copy of the email/word document with you when you goto Safeways. If they challenge you, show them the document and the email and tell them it came from their head office. They will usually grumble and say that "we don't usually allow this many vouchers but we will let you this time". Of course, if they stand their ground, suggest that they email their head office for clarification, that worries them.

OR

You can just email safeway saying that you have been having difficulty redeeming vouchers at branch xxx. State what you think the voucher policy is by saying something like "I thought that as long as you don't redeem over six of a kind and the total doesn't exceed the bill, it is ok" and ask if they would email the branch AND you (so that you know what the branch was told) what the latest policy is.

Since doing that, I have not been challenged once on my use of vouchers.

Jazi_Jay, thanks. Yep, I have it on my to-do list to write to Safeway for an official policy letter (thought it would be nice to have it on headed paper) but haven't got around to it yet!

I will also ask them to contact my local store - cheers for the tips.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast