Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member iancuddy
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    0

    Best flowers for a year offer?

    Ones I've seen so far are:

    Interrose - £179.99 + 3.5% rpoints

    Bunches - £199.99 + 10% discount + rpoints - but not hand-delivered

    Valueflora - £19.99 per month - hand-delivered

    Anyone seen any others?

  2. #2
    Contributor attackthetoys
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    0
    The Valueflora offer from last December resulted in the same flowers being sent for at least 7 of the 12 months. Whether that is because of the offer being so cheap in the first place (£99 for the year), or whether it is typical of the company, I can't comment. I did see some very adverse threads about Valuflora after ordering, however I only ordered in the first place because 2 senior Rpoints personnel quoted the Valueflora sales pitch without comment.

  3. #3
    Contributor asters
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dewsbury
    Posts
    938
    Rep Power
    0
    Other option is to call into your local florist and support them. Many are having a very hard time to survive with supermarkets and internet companies.
    I would gladly hand deliver a bouquet every month for £15 around my area. You can also discuss what flowers you like instead of being given what they want to send.

  4. #4
    Member iancuddy
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by attackthetoys
    The Valueflora offer from last December resulted in the same flowers being sent for at least 7 of the 12 months. Whether that is because of the offer being so cheap in the first place (£99 for the year), or whether it is typical of the company, I can't comment. I did see some very adverse threads about Valuflora after ordering, however I only ordered in the first place because 2 senior Rpoints personnel quoted the Valueflora sales pitch without comment.
    I did the Valueflora deal too and was really pleased, I didn't realise they use the local florist (must have a deal), the flower quality was a bit variable, some were great, one didn't last long, but couldn't grumble at the price.

  5. #5
    Member iancuddy
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by asters
    Other option is to call into your local florist and support them. Many are having a very hard time to survive with supermarkets and internet companies.
    I would gladly hand deliver a bouquet every month for £15 around my area. You can also discuss what flowers you like instead of being given what they want to send.
    That's a great idea, thanks.

  6. #6
    Contributor asters
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dewsbury
    Posts
    938
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by iancuddy
    Quote Originally Posted by asters
    Other option is to call into your local florist and support them. Many are having a very hard time to survive with supermarkets and internet companies.
    I would gladly hand deliver a bouquet every month for £15 around my area. You can also discuss what flowers you like instead of being given what they want to send.
    That's a great idea, thanks.
    No problem, it all depends how good and fair your local florist is. If you try a city centre shop with high rents, rates and wages you are probably better looking on the net for a deal, if you have a village florist with low running costs (like myself) then you can get a great service for a good price.

  7. #7
    Member iancuddy
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Best flowers for a year offer?

    Just an update in the end I went for Flying Flowers and used the 25% member discount from Sky to get them for 99 quid.

    Cheers.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Flowers Direct: Free Delivery on Same Day Flowers
    By garindan in forum Voucher codes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11th January 2010, 02:54 PM
  2. 10% Off Christmas Flowers @ Flying Flowers - LAST CHANCE TO ORDER
    By parchedpea in forum Gifts, cards and flowers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17th December 2007, 08:53 PM
  3. .net domains for £4.99 a year - 1 WEEK Only OFFER!
    By CashbackUK in forum Computers & software
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12th October 2007, 11:33 PM
  4. All flowers: High quality flowers + gifts, same day delivery
    By richard@ in forum Gifts, cards and flowers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21st December 2002, 08:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts