Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Roses?

Contributor Jordan

Roses?

Anyone seen any decent bouquets around? (upto about £50?)
    and what colour is best to get? :P
    red? pink? mixed?

Moderator Chadwick will become famous soon enough Chadwick will become famous soon enough
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    6 or 12 red roses is traditional.

Otherwise, it's very much up to you. I don't think there is a "best" colour with roses.

Legend & Competitions Guru RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Year 2011 - Winner
    Special Contributor Award Special Contributor Award Jan 2012 Spelling Award 2011 Most Popular Rpointer Member of the Month June 2011
    Red Roses tend to indicate passion and are the sort you would buy for a girlfriend
    I’m assuming we are talking about a girlfriend rather than a wife, or you would know what to buy.
    A dozen mixed is fine; unless it’s for someone who isn’t your girlfriend and won’t be expecting them in which case ‘Less is more’ so just buy a single rose.
    Hope this helps
    10,000 posts
    Diet 16st 05lbs
    Start 18st 02lbs 14/9
    Wiina of the Presstidgeous Comedy award

Contributor Jordan
    cheers

Ric
    Rpoints Elite Ric has a spectacular aura about Ric has a spectacular aura about
    Diamonds win you more brownie points.... (apparently)

Expert Lizzy will become famous soon enough
    I'm probably just a cheap date ( ) or out of touch with current prices....but I wouldn't thank anyone for spending £50 on flowers!! .
    I'd rather have a cheaper bunch of flowers, choccies and a bottle of wine...or a gift I could keep.
    Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift. Some people only dream of angels, we held one in our arms.

Contributor asters
    I must be one of the only florists in the country that will not stock red roses at Valentines day(I will get them to order but not stock spare). This year more than ever the prices are crazy, battling with all flower prices including roses costing about 30% more than 1 year ago as just about all flowers are imported and worked in Euros.
    If your local Florist can get them there is a rose this year from Ecuador called Freedom they should retail around the same price as dutch roses did last year before the £v Euro problems.
    Personally I would take her out for a meal and just buy 1 red rose.

Contributor asters
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy
    I'm probably just a cheap date ( ) or out of touch with current prices....but I wouldn't thank anyone for spending £50 on flowers!! .
    I'd rather have a cheaper bunch of flowers, choccies and a bottle of wine...or a gift I could keep.
    Out of touch with prices probably, even myself in the trade can't believe what roses cost these days.
    I consider myself one of the cheapest Florists in the area if not the country, having very low overheads and no staff to pay.
    This year for the 1st time in 25 years of trading best red roses will exceed £50 in my shop, won't know exact price until they arrive this week but with foliage, gyp wrapping and delivery I am expecting upto £60. If I can get the Freedom rose from Ecuador they will be around £45.
    Lots of cheaper about, probably anything from £15-20/doz like the supermarkets will sell but I would not want to recieve them.

Contributor Liseinleeds
    http://www.flyingflowers.com/Red-Ros...tml?cgid=10067

£40, basket with chocs, wine, and 2 red rose plants that way she can keep the roses longer x

Contributor asters
    Quote Originally Posted by Liseinleeds
    http://www.flyingflowers.com/Red-Rose-Gift-Basket/Flowers/UBRSR,default,pd.html?cgid=10067

£40, basket with chocs, wine, and 2 red rose plants that way she can keep the roses longer x
    Or put it together yourself for about half that