Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Expert Natasha

Competition Scams -Post Here-

As we all know their are alot of scam competitions about these days, one of the top ones being you have won a holiday and pay this admin fee to get it. 99% of the time you pay your money and never get your holiday.

(One word of warning for you all. If you win a competition you should never have to pay for anything to get the prize ie. admin fee etc..)

PLEASE POST ALL COMPETITION SCAMS HERE:
    Over and Out!

Expert Hotlips
    WARNING,this morning i received a letter recorded delivery from Clubseasons.co.uk
    it reads as follows:

The letter is as follows:

RELG Telephone Survey Prize Draw (448139)

Congratulations!

I am delighted to confirm you have won a prize to the value of £3750,in the DLG Telephone Survey / Seasons grand prize draw.

To authenticate your claim,please contact Carol on 0800 448 448 between 12 noon and 8pm within seven days from the date of this letter, failure to do so will result in the loss of your prize.

Once again congratulations and we look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

Clare Booth
    Administration Manager.

** This letter is a con if you phone they say when pressed for the right answers you have won a years free membership to their holiday club which
    pretty much is a time share.They want you to pay money too.
    I did not phone as i googled the "clubseasons.co.uk" name and guess what up popped a whole load of letters from other people warning of this scam.
    So folks if it's too good to believe then its a scam.
    be safe out there.
    x hotlips x

Enthusiast 4chords
    I keep on being asked whether emails are legit or not by colleagues at work. The first thing I ask is - do you remember entering a competition to win £x million, or a holiday? Most times they say no.

So all you need to do is just ask yourself whether you've entered such competitions, and also never ever pay money to find out what you've won, or to get your prize.

Contributor clint1006
    Clubseasons.
    It is a con (kind of) I did take the break that they offered.
    Yes, I had to part with £160 in order to get a weekend break in the lakes and a week (yet to be taken in S.Wales or Cornwall) but they promise on the phone and I have it in writing that should I not wish to remain a member after the holiday I can have my money back.
    THis had better happen - Or i'll be back online, everywhere, telling all I can of how much i was ripped off.
    It's all a carrot to lead you to their sales meeting in the resort (they do have some overseas)

The deal they offer it most definitely NOT for me!
    Pretty mucha time share as hotlips said.

Hours spent leading you to their "do you want it" Pretty well planned blocks of questions, always ending in questions for which 99% of people answering honestly will say "yes" everything is "yes" throughout the sales drone.

I say NO but each to their own, I can see it being great for some folk - certainly not me or mine!

Bear in mind though that travel is never included, you only get 1 week for your annual management fee (now something like £400p.a.) plus the initial buy in which starts around £7-£8k if you want extra weeks accommodation they cost extra! plus the travel still.

My girlfriend got a letter in the post a couple of days ago - she won the same thing - surprise! She's toying with taking them up on it and we'll go to Portugal, fly budget airline then request the management fee refund!
    Be careful

Contributor clint1006
    CLub-La-Costa

Similar to Seasons but (In my opinion) worse.

Pretty much the same thing on sale - they have more properties them selves which is a bonus. Price seemed to be the same.

The incentive seems to be some store vouchers - not always in stock on the meeting night (according to web reviews that I've seen) and when we went last week there were no vouchers for Argos - the most useful of those on offer (again my opinion)

THey also draw folk in with a weeks holiday that you've "won"
    Rubbish, it'll cost £29.50 each (admin fee) then flight taxes which will come to about £50 (exactly in fact)
    or you can take the accommodation only option £150.
    Either way, transfers are not included.
    You have to cough up money and provide a preferred destination and departure airport - neither of which are guaranteed! T&C's say this in black and which So you could request flightsfrom Gatwick but b given flights from Glasgow, you could hope for a week in Austria but end up in Tenerife orCosta-Del-Sol.
    You have to provide 4 dates for the holiday each must be 8 weeks apart and within 18 months.

You will only get one offer, take it and you're away, if it's no good, there's no refund or re-offer.

If a friend of mine asked me about them, I'd say stay away! Unless you think £25 (or however much is on offer) of vouchers is worth 3 hours of sales talk.
    Be careful

Yep, I know I've just posted abot two very similar things - and I've lost around 4 hours of my life in the process but I know first hand (and the girlfriend is happy that we followed it through - i'm happy we didn't get stung)

Junior Member rotepote
    I won the CLUBSEASONS membership too. I was very sceptical too especially after browsing the net.
    I have taken a weeks break for 5 (upgraded from 4 for free) in the Lake District.
    It was a great holiday.
    We did have to pay the maintenance fee but so do existing members......... hence no cost for utilities/site fees etc.
    We did have to attend a sales pitch but it was by no means hard sell.
    In all it was worth taking as I got a holiday for 5 for £252 (reduced maint fee due to time of win) in excellent accomodation with friendly staff.
    I don't want to sound like a Clubseason rep lol but they said their membership isn't like other timeshares for a set week in a set location but floating weeks in lots of locations worldwide depending on membership level.
    There is the option to join a scheme called Interval International whereby you can swap your weeks for other weeks at over 2000 resorts in 75 countries.

Member upsydaisy1
    I won a holiday with Club La Costa and went along to what i was told would be an hour long talk first, which lasted 2 hours while they tried to get me & hubby to sign up for time shares when we said no they were not friendly & at first tried a couple of ways to say they were not going to give me the free holiday +£50 M& S vouchers.I made myself comfortable & didnt move until i had vouchers & holiday tickets in hand.Once we got to Tenerife they tried another very unpleasant few hours trying to make us sign up which we did not.I must say though the apartment they put us up in was a good one & we had a great holiday But if you do go on one of these so called free holidays you need a thick skin & never get pressured by them.Time shares are a con,if you sign up why should anyone have to then pay a £100 maintenance per each week of your holiday after forking out Thousands in the first place.

Junior Member jake50

Club La Costa

Pretty much as above , i was told i had won a free holiday flights accomodation everything etc, then given a freephone number to pass on my winning code (wonder how many of us lucky people there are out there?).After a talk with the office of fair trading and google and the above comments it is definatly a con you need to attend 1 or maybe 2 presentations plus pay administration fees etc. Dont touch it with a bargepole is my advise

Junior Member member264662
    I got a letter from Seasons Holidays telling me I have won a prize worth £3750. Just read the blog. I thought it was a con. I've "won" three hollidays which turned out to be time share. Had to pay £ 29 per person booking fee if i wanted the holiday. as you say if you have to pay its not a prize.

Contributor clint1006
    I now personally detest seasons!
    At the outset, I had no intention of opting for their cancellation and full refund within 12 months but due to the enduring selling techniques that we went through.
    And, my girlfriend, had a membership prior to our getting together which they made her cancel because two of us can't have one each.
    I got fed up and requested cancellation and a refund as per their terms. I did this via telephone call but was told I had to send it in writing which I duly did but in my haste I neglectd to send it recorder delivery.
    Needless to say, Seasons say they never received my letter.
    So I sent another letter but then they say it was after teh deadline whish is 7 or 14 days (I forget which) after returning froma break with them.

I'd recommend staying away!