Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Rpoints Elite midnightz
    "Best ultra-portable laptop in the world" Asus Eee 4G laptop - £218.99

The ASUS Eee PC provides users with a new mobile experience - appealing to a wide range of users, both young and old, experienced with technology or not. The Eee PC gives you the freedom to decide how you want to experience technology.

Easy to Learn, Work and Play

Learn the latest technology without the manual! For an easy hands-on experience, the Eee PC offers two modes of intuitive user interface design in order to accommodate both experienced and inexperienced PC users. The Eee PC is also Windows XP compatible. With over 40 built-in applications, the Eee PC offers a dynamic computing experience for education, work and play!

Excellent Internet Experience

Built-in WLAN connectivity allows users to stay connected for dynamic Internet usage on the go. With the Eee PC users can share photos without waiting to get home; connect face to face with just a few clicks; enjoy online entertainment live; stay on top of emails to stay ahead at work and more!

Excellent on-the-Go

The 7" Eee PC is only 0.92kg with large flash-based storage capacity and built-in webcam for compact mobility with wireless freedom. The special solid-state disc design based on built-in flash-memory gives the Eee PC a great shock-proof advantage over traditional notebook PCs allowing extra flexibility and a worry free mobile computing experience.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

X_NOTES:54528

Rpoints Elite midnightz
    Read a review here.
    Put simply - there is no reason for you not to go out and get one of these little beauties, it's affordable and ultra-usable. So yes, believe the hyperbole - this is possibly the best ultra-portable laptop in the world.

I'm not convinced... then again it's a must have... then again I could buy a second hand laptop with better specification for the same price... then again it's a must have .

Enthusiast stephen7372
    No wifi 7 inch screen

Expert jadex
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen7372
    No wifi 7 inch screen
    Networking:
    IEEE 802.11b
    IEEE 802.11g

but IMO it's hardly a bargain at the price.
    It was supposed to be priced at $199 level....

Rpoints Elite midnightz
    It's surely the perfect portable laptop - it's tiny, cheap and has wifi. The only thing that really bugs me is the resolution...

Contributor sibeer
    If you want a laptop to do a bit of browsing and emails on the go then this can't be beat. It is ultra cheap, very compact and fairly soild. If you want a fully fledged PC you can take away with you then this isn't the right thing for you.

It might be of interest to me, especially if it will run Windows (proven afaik) when traveling.

WiFi / USB (v2+) is really all that's required, fundamental basics. Shame about the doubled price tag.

Rpoints Elite midnightz
    Quote Originally Posted by citrus
    It might be of interest to me, especially if it will run Windows (proven afaik) when traveling.
    Check out the review above. The system comes with a comprehensive guide for those that want to install Windows XP so you can minimise the memory used; a £20 1GB RAM upgrade was recommended though for performance "as responsive as we could wish".

I've registered my interest on a few sites so should get an email when in-stock.

If indeed it lives up to the hype it'd save me lugging around a relatively hefty laptop through various security checkpoints and having to keep an eye on it every second.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast