Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.

View Poll Results: Is the Dell System Summary Thread helping?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, very useful

20 45.45%
  • No, doesn't make any difference

14 31.82%
  • Undecided/I don't really care

10 22.73%
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Rpoints Legend BangraMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by ST2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Westside_P
    Has the DSST been dropped like its hot?

Cant seem to find the latest one...

Hope not...
    Yes, Bangra dropped it last month. Not sure why? But I'm certain that he'll be along to explain his reasons. Personally, I thought it was doing really well and would happily run it myself if I was allowed...
    i dropped it as no one was keeping me updated on the offers including yourself. there were a couple of systems you had posted which you never told me about and not a single person could be bothered to PM me with system updates. if the thread is going to stay out of date then there was no point in keeping it up.

and no... you can't do it yourself for very obvious reasons of not being able to edit or remove offer posts.

i'm willing to put it back up but unless i get help from you guys then we might as well forget about it now
    A Monkey is for life, not just for Xmas!

Expert Westside_P
    The Westside Title: Official Rpoints Gangsta
    Fair enough point bangra homie

Expert _ST_
    Quote Originally Posted by BangraMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by ST2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Westside_P
    Has the DSST been dropped like its hot?

Cant seem to find the latest one...

Hope not...
    Yes, Bangra dropped it last month. Not sure why? But I'm certain that he'll be along to explain his reasons. Personally, I thought it was doing really well and would happily run it myself if I was allowed...
    i dropped it as no one was keeping me updated on the offers including yourself. there were a couple of systems you had posted which you never told me about and not a single person could be bothered to PM me with system updates. if the thread is going to stay out of date then there was no point in keeping it up.

Well, if we're going to talk about bottom line facts then I will state that there was many a time that I PM'd you with new systems or system updates and the replies to these where often "I'll do it when I can" or my request was totally ignored. Which was rather off-putting. From my point of view I was doing all I could to keep my idea going!

and no... you can't do it yourself for very obvious reasons of not being able to edit or remove offer posts.
    It's highly feasible that I *could* do it myself as I would be linking to an offer not posting it, therefore it would simply be a standard non offer thread with an initial post including required details.

i'm willing to put it back up but unless i get help from you guys then we might as well forget about it now
    I'd be willing to continue with the DSST (under your control) but only at a non-biased level.

Rpoints Legend BangraMonkey
    yes and your systems were put up or your offers edited when i did have the time. i get PMs every day and i don't reply to them unless i think a reply is absolutely necessary... if i didn't agree with what you asked then i said no to you. so please do not accuse me of ignoring your PMs when i did act on every one (eventually) especially as i do this voluntarily.

i'll put this very simply for you... no, you can't do it for a number of reasons which i'm not going to get into. like i've said, i'll restart it if everyone makes the effort
    A Monkey is for life, not just for Xmas!

Expert _ST_
    so please do not accuse me of ignoring your PMs when i did act on every one (eventually) especially as i do this voluntarily.
    As this is open on the forum I'll just say that I wasn't happy with 'the service' but at least your now admitting that I *was* PM'ing you with updates on a regular basis.

With regards to me running the DSST, yes I'm sure there are a "number of reasons" for me not doing it but as I stated technically it is possible although obviously not here and now.

I'm good to go so as and when...

Enthusiast Mantra
    At the end of the day the dsST thread wasnt really getting enough hits compared to the posts that are directly on the forum.

thanks to bangra for the wonderful job he did and the time and effort put in to try and make it work.
    when the rich wage war its the poor that die.

Expert _ST_
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra
    At the end of the day the dsST thread wasnt really getting enough hits compared to the posts that are directly on the forum.
    I don't agree that the DSST wasn't getting enough hits, did you look at the view figures when the monthly threads were up? Well into 4 figures after the first week let alone the remaining 3 weeks each month! Also, feedback and poll results seem to favour the existence of this helpful guide. See some examples below.

Dell System Summery Thread - Good Idea Or Not?
    Yes, I think this is a great idea. 73% [ 38 ]
    No, I don't think this would help. 26% [ 14 ]

Taken from here: http://www.rpoints.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1027835

Is the Dell System Summary Thread helping?
    Yes, very useful 48% [ 20 ]
    No, doesn't make any difference 31% [ 13 ]
    Undecided/I don't really care 19% [ 8 ]

Also

Quote Originally Posted by GDB2222
    Hi, this summary is a great idea
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey4479
    Personally, I think the DSST is great. the DSST is a great way to find out which to tell them about quickly before they go to PC World and buy it on credit and a 5423 year extended warantee which costs twice as much as the computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by angst
    The DSST is great, it seems to have created a good medium for resolving duplicate post disputes in an amicable way.
    Each month there are 'around' 10 systems to be added and updated so not too much work for BM but, I do agree that members who decide to add a system should commit to updating that system whilst it runs it's 4 week course.

Enthusiast Mantra
    wow!!! it was so popular 52 people voted out of the possible 70,000 registered.

and 41 out of 70,000 on the second poll, i never realised it was so popular i will stand corrected, its even more popular than ronaldo and sven.
    when the rich wage war its the poor that die.

Rpoints Legend Garrett will become famous soon enough
    Hi

With due respect to all "sides" in this debate, we are not really getting anywhere are we ?

I think on one hand, it needs to be appreciated that BangraMonkey, like every moderator here, is a volunteer on the site who does what he can, when he can. As such, its unfair to put pressure on him if he can't do something the moment it's requested every single time.

On the other hand, I fully appreciate that it's important to get the updates done etc.

If someone has a constructive suggestion as to how this may recommence and run efficiently, but without significant labour requirements or solely reliant on one or two individuals, then please post me a detailed private message on the suggestion & I will consider it.

Failing the above, I'd ask you to all stop posting the "less" constructive comments now .. you've all made your point of view fairly clear.

Im locking this thread and don't see any need for a new one to commence, so please don't bother starting a fresh thread to continue this matter any further.

Thanks.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5