Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Skype/VoIP

Expert Lizzy will become famous soon enough

Skype/VoIP

I'm going on holiday to Turkey shortly and want to call home while away. The hotel has free WiFi and I have a Skype account. Sadly my Samsung Jet doesn't support Skype for voicecalls, but I shall be taking my netbook. I understand Skype to Skype calls are free, while those to landlines or mobiles are chargeable. Can anyone please confirm for me that I will only be paying the 4p-5p connection fee plus 2p (inc VAT) per minute.

Also, has anyone used anything like VoipStunt? They say calls to the UK are free but you need to add £10 of credit to your account to access free calls which I'm loathe to do if it doesn't work well (or at all).
    Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift. Some people only dream of angels, we held one in our arms.

Ric
    Rpoints Elite Ric has a spectacular aura about Ric has a spectacular aura about

Re: Skype/VoIP

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy
    Can anyone please confirm for me that I will only be paying the 4p-5p connection fee plus 2p (inc VAT) per minute.
    It's 3.3p connection and 1.6p/min innit??

There are basic versions of Nimbuzz and Fring for you phone which may or may not allow you to make free calls using other supported messaging networks with your friends. Skype recently withdrew permission for Fring to use the Skype network. Or just get an IP Camera then you can spy on what the kids are doing in your house at all times of day or night without needing them to answer the phone.
    the moon smiles when the sea is calm...

Expert Lizzy will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Ric

It's 3.3p connection and 1.6p/min innit??
    I was rounding it up and allowing for the price increase they say is coming, but just realised the date for the increase has been and gone...and I wasn't sure if I was inside or outside the Global Rate destination

Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    Or just get an IP Camera then you can spy on what the kids are doing in your house at all times of day or night without needing them to answer the phone.
    Ummmm....I'm not sure I want to know what they're getting up to , I know one of them has a poker night planned, which I guess is preferable to a wild party I guess
    Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift. Some people only dream of angels, we held one in our arms.

Moderator Chadwick will become famous soon enough Chadwick will become famous soon enough
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy
    I know one of them has a poker night planned, which I guess is preferable to a wild party I guess
    Yeah, I'm sure there's nothing to worry about...