Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Contributor Smiley1701
    Kameleon 4 Way RC £14.99

Kameleon 4 Way RC

Manufacturer: One For All

• Control up to 4 pieces of AV equipment including a TV , VCR and DVD player
    • Electroluminous backlit display, especially good for use in dark rooms
    • 1,000s of codes for maximum compatibility and updatable through the internet

X_NOTES:51336

Contributor BUSTERSBOY
    Good deal - the rrp on these is £49.99 according to Maplin anyway

Member simo1066

kameleon

Cant find on site!Is it out of stock now?

Contributor attackthetoys
    This model certainly used to have the problem of being too sensitive to vibration. The slightest movement in the room would cause it to turn on, and hence the battreries wouldn't last long.

It does work with rechargeables (AAA) but some rechargeables are not quite as long as alkaline, and this device was quite sensitive to battery length. Have spent considerable time getting it working again after inserting newly charged batteries.

Don't know whether more recent versions of this model have solved those problems - the ones that Richer Sounds are selling (for £19.99) don't seem to have any improvements.

Contributor leef1234
    I think people used to take the ball bearing out which stopped the problem kind off! but at least made the batteries last longer

Junior Member finallycruising
    This is the first generation Kamelion. I've got the 6 way one of these and the rechargebles do run out quickly, but it's not a problem. When new the rechargeable batteries were lasting 6-8 weeks. Now that the batteries are a couple of year's old they're lasting less time.

I've never had the a problem getting it working again after inserting new batteries. Just press the buttons until it comes back to life.

The 2nd generation version of this, which appears to be rechargeable, is available from Amazon for £22.97

Contributor maximus38
    I went for it and think its great. You can set it to be touch activated or movement activated so that sorts out the over sensitivity issue.

Contributor Smiley1701
    Got mine this morning.

It took a a little setting up (bit fiddly) and it wouldn't recognise my DVD player (not surprising really as its from America) but I was able to teach it all the important keys.

The lighting is impressivly bright and can be altered if you prefare. I have switched off the automatic light sensor as its way to sensitive even breathing on it set it off lol. I now just touch the screen and it gets into gear.

Be warned that although it comes with batteries the sensor on mine was activated so all the motion in the post had worn out the batteries, clever manufacturers.

All in all im real pleased with this purchase