Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Contributor bellymonster
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    0
    Retford, Mansfield and Scunthorpe, Nottingham, Litchfield, Cannock all have stock

  2. #12
    Contributor alymac
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    897
    Rep Power
    0
    one in braehead

  3. #13
    Contributor alymac
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    897
    Rep Power
    0
    I have secured one from glasgow, currys have it at this price as well, can they alter price when i go and collect it?

  4. #14
    Member ann_is_fit
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    0
    whats the likelihood you get to the shop and they say 'sorry, this is obviously a mistake and we cannot give it to you at this price'.

    As you all no doubt know, they are not oblidged to sell it up to the point where cash/receipet are exchanged. Nearest store for me is an hour away so it would be quite a trek to come away with nothing

  5. #15
    Contributor dwarfer_
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    963
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ann_is_fit
    whats the likelihood you get to the shop and they say 'sorry, this is obviously a mistake and we cannot give it to you at this price'.

    As you all no doubt know, they are not oblidged to sell it up to the point where cash/receipet are exchanged. Nearest store for me is an hour away so it would be quite a trek to come away with nothing
    Pretty slim, Currys have just called me and said mine is ready for collection!

    Offers anyone?

    I did'nt expect to get it.
    Some people are like Slinkies, good for nothing, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!!

    Never argue with a idiot, they will lower you to their level and then beat you with experience

  6. #16
    Junior Member cveall
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarfer1113
    Offers anyone?

    I did'nt expect to get it.
    If you didn't want one, why did you try to get one? Oh, I get it, you're really greedy. Why not just leave it where it is and let someone else (who might actually want it) get a bargain?

  7. #17
    Enthusiast magictom123
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,173
    Rep Power
    0
    went to pcworld and they said they were out of stock, said someone should have called to say and that he was sorry, so it was a no go for me but worth a try.

  8. #18
    Contributor dwarfer_
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    963
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cveall
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarfer1113
    Offers anyone?

    I did'nt expect to get it.
    If you didn't want one, why did you try to get one? Oh, I get it, you're really greedy. Why not just leave it where it is and let someone else (who might actually want it) get a bargain?
    No, actually.

    I did not really know what it was, but took a punt anyway.

    I placed the order, and seeing the post title it syas "Massive misprice", never expected to get one.

    But having the call from currys, I looked it up and saw that it does pretty much what PS3 play tv will do, which I plan to buy soon.

    The offer to anyone wanting to buy it is genuine, although I have not been to collect it yet.

    But, having said that if you offered me any amount I would rather put it in the middle of the busiest part of the A19, and see it destroyed than have a sarcastic individual like you have it!
    Some people are like Slinkies, good for nothing, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!!

    Never argue with a idiot, they will lower you to their level and then beat you with experience

  9. #19
    Contributor blobby8
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    404
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarfer1113
    Quote Originally Posted by cveall
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarfer1113
    Offers anyone?

    I did'nt expect to get it.
    If you didn't want one, why did you try to get one? Oh, I get it, you're really greedy. Why not just leave it where it is and let someone else (who might actually want it) get a bargain?
    No, actually.

    I did not really know what it was, but took a punt anyway.

    I placed the order, and seeing the post title it syas "Massive misprice", never expected to get one.

    But having the call from currys, I looked it up and saw that it does pretty much what PS3 play tv will do, which I plan to buy soon.

    The offer to anyone wanting to buy it is genuine, although I have not been to collect it yet.

    But, having said that if you offered me any amount I would rather put it in the middle of the busiest part of the A19, and see it destroyed than have a sarcastic individual like you have it!
    Dont worry I like sarcasm, you can have mine for £200.
    Please dont bother to reply if you think any of my posts are not politically correct.
    You would be confusing me with someone who gives a toss.

  10. #20
    Junior Member cveall
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0
    Fair enough, I shouldn't have been sarcastic, but the underlying point is the same, perhaps you could offer to let someone else pick it up - thereby saving you the bother and showing that you are not greedy? Putting it in the middle of the A19 would be crazy - way too risky ( I assume - is it a busy road?), and I wouldn't be able to see it - I don't live anywhere near the A19


 

Similar Threads

  1. Sony BDP-S350 Blu-ray Player £179.99 Free Delivery + free movies
    By 1960mackem in forum Electrical and electronics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2nd January 2009, 04:38 PM
  2. [PC WORLD] Sony LFPK1 Location Free TV player - £24.97!! [BE QUICK]
    By _ST_ in forum Electrical and electronics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 6th October 2008, 03:32 PM
  3. Sony Bravia 40" 1080p hdtv FREE Sony BDPS350 Blu-ray player £700
    By iceni in forum Electrical and electronics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 4th September 2008, 09:52 PM
  4. Sony BDP-S300 Blu-Ray Player (1080P) + 4 FREE Blu-rays: £179.99
    By midnightz in forum Electrical and electronics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5th August 2008, 09:35 AM
  5. Sony Blu-ray Disc Player (With 4 Free Blu-ray Titles!*) £249.99
    By 41hardwick in forum Electrical and electronics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23rd May 2008, 06:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts