Enlarge the image of Hitachi 37LD8D20 37" HD Digital LCD TV

* Was £699.00 - now £499.00

* 499 Clubcard points
    * Save £200.00

Description
    Features
    Delivery options
    Description

This Hitachi 37LD8D20 37” digital LCD television is High Definition (HD) ready allowing you to view TV at a higher resolution and picture quality. HD TVs use 4 times more pixels than a CRT TV for a sharpness and picture never seen before. This model has an internal digital tuner giving you access to more than 40 Freeview channels and 20 radio stations.

Additional features of this Hitachi TV are auto install making set up easier and quicker, PC input and a sleep timer. It also comes complete with 1 front AV socket and 2 SCART sockets for connecting other peripherals. This wall-mountable plasma TV includes a stand and remote control.
    Features
    Name Value
    Auto Install Yes
    Brand Hitachi
    Colour Black & Silver
    Digital Tuner Yes
    Fast Text Yes
    Features of Product 81cm Visible LCD Widescreen Television, HD Ready, 1366 x 768 Pixels, Integrated Digital Television (IDTV), 2 x HDMI Sockets, 2 x SCART Sockets, 1000 Page Teletext, Multi Picture Modes, Interactive Services, Now Next / 7 Day EPG, Multi Language Subtitle Decoding and Display
    Flat Screen Yes
    Front AV Sockets 1
    HD Ready Yes
    HDMI Sockets 2
    Headphone Socket Yes
    Optical Out No
    Parental Lock Yes
    PC Input Yes
    Picture Frequency 50Hz
    Product Depth 30 cm
    Product Height 70.3 cm
    Product Width 93.3 cm
    Remote Control Yes
    Resolution 1366x768 pixels
    SCART Sockets 2
    Screen Type 16:9
    Screensize 37"
    Sleep Timer Yes
    Sound Quality 3DS
    Table Stand Included Yes
    VESA No
    Visible Screen Size 81cm
    Wall Mountable Yes

X_NOTES:55466

Contributor hazmeister
    For the same price, you can pick up the L37V01 Full HD (1920x1080) Hitachi from Richer Sounds at the mo. The cheapest full HD LCD TV out there, assuming your local shop has any stock left!

Enthusiast jacquini

32" or 37" TV

Hi Hazmeister

I posted this earlier but didn't get any help.

Would you please let me know which one is better? (Probably the Richer Sounds) but I would just like help

This one did get good reviews but I know nothing about specs on TVs.

Thanks very much for your help.

Misco 37" LCD TV £364.99 Is this TV spec any good

Could anybody help me

Is this a good TV or could I do better

Xv37 (37“ LCD TV) Hannspree 37" XV37 HD Ready LCD Television

Providing a widescreen display with compelling visual quality, the Hannspree 37" XV37 HD-ready LCD TV allows you to make the transition to the HDTV era in a stylish way. Delivering high definition without the high cost, this LCD display is ready to connect to HD set-top boxes, HD DVD/Blu Ray players, and HD-enabled games consoles. Also giving you the opportunity to connect with your PC system thanks to a VGA connection, this superb flat-screen television can double up as a great monitor. Two integrated speakers give you stereo sound with extra clarity and simulated surround effects, placing you closer to an impressive world of multimedia. A high-grade 8ms video response specifications ensures fast-action, movies and sport events are brought to you with outstanding motion. Feel the advantage of the 1200:1 contrast ratio that elevates the display to new levels of crisp and clear imagery. Adding to the HD experience is a 3D comb filter to bring out astonishing results from any signal fed into the set, and an amazing 24-bit colour depth that brings a spectrum of vibrant tones and detailed shades. Top of the class for low-priced HDTV output, the Hannspree 37" XV37 HD-ready LCD TV produces an impressive home-cinema sophistication for your home.

Features

* Powerful Scaling and Zooming Engine
    * 3D Comb Filter
    * De-interlace Image Enhancement
    * Colour Temperature Adjustment
    * OSD Function
    * IR Remote Control
    * Sleep Timer
    * Teletext Pages
    * Channel Return
    * Will work with all existing Sky, Sky+, Virgin Media and Freeview boxes

Specifications
    Product Description Hannspree 37" XV37 HD Ready LCD Television
    Diagonal Size 37"
    Colour Black
    Device Type LCD TV - Colour
    Max Resolution 1366 x 768 WXGA
    Built-in Devices 2 x 10 Watt Stereo Speakers
    Interface 2 x HDMI
    HD Resolution 1080i
    Response Time 8 ms
    Image Brightness 500 cd/m2
    Image Contrast Ratio 1200:1
    Display 16.7 million colours
    Viewing Angle 170°/170°
    Aspect Ratio 16:9
    Dimensions 941 x 295 x 800 mm
    Weight 23 kg
    Manufacturer Warranty 2 Year Collect and Return

Contributor hazmeister
    It all depends on what you want the LCD for. If you haven't got any HD sources and not planning to add any for a while, then the Hannspree could be a worthwhile budget investment. It's let down slightly by the lack of a built-in Freeview receiver, but you could always use the money saved from £500 to buy a twin freeview PVR, which would well overcome such a shortfall. The Hannspree has a lot of positive reviews on sites such as eBuyer and this thread from hell on AV forums! The 2 year warranty is a nice bonus also.

If you're heading into HD land, either with SkyHD, an HD-DVD or Blu-Ray Player, or a gaming console, then it's very tempting to recommend the Hitachi with it's full HD resolution and 1080p processing. However, there is a school of thought that at 37" screen size, the average viewer may detect little difference between full HD and 1366x768 resolution of the Hannspree or the older Hitachi model you mention from Tesco Direct.

This is one of the reasons why I always recommend that you try to see models in action whenever possible at local shops, preferably looking at both SD and HD sources. Of course, one of the drawbacks of the Hannspree is the lack of High Street stores stocking it, so you may have to depend on the reviews I linked to above. With the Hitachi, you'd have to go to Richer Sounds anyway, so it's worth visiting your local store (ring them up and check it's in stock first, preferably also having it on display!).

At £500, it's well worth having a look at this model from a major Japanese brand, plus Richer Sounds 5 year warranty for £50 can cheaply add peace of mind! However, if it doesn't blow you away, then the Hanspree + PVR option could work out to be a very good second option.

Enthusiast jacquini

32" or 37" TV

Hi Hazmeister

Thanks for all your help.

If I can get one I am going to go for the Hitachi which would probably be the better one for the future and would not have to upgraded in the near future.

I rang Richer Sounds in Belfast and they have none in stock but said if I keep checking they may have more in.

I will do this and if they don't get them I will go for the Hanspree which I hope will still be in stock.

I just want the TV for watching TV and Sky TV and would like a better picture than the Phillips CRT TV that I have at the minute.

Thanks again for all your help.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Jacqui

Contributor hazmeister
    No problemo, Happy New Year to you and yours. I'm yet another member who's had Xmas ruined by the dreaded lurgy (pakefield & blythburgh, I feel your pain!), so glad to take my mind off it for a bit.

Sorry, didn't note you were in NI, makes it a bit more difficult to go to the next nearest Richer Sounds Found an interesting thread on the Hitachi at Avforums, which possibly explains why stock was snapped up yesterday. Hope they do get more in, but I'm sure the Hannspree is a viable alternative for its price and a few other places stock it (Dabs, Ebuyer etc.), so hopefully it won't disappear off the market in the next month!

Enthusiast jacquini
    Hi Hazmeister,

Just wanted to let you know that I telephoned Richer Sounds this morning and they said they would not have anymore of these televisions until at least the 2nd January 2008.

Apparently the warehouse is closed and they will not know how many they will get until then.

Will keep you posted.

Have a nice weekend.

Jacqui