Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Rpoints Elite toon
    The last two posts seem to imply there is a battery problem for the Tom Tom Go. I've got one, use it every day, and charge it only once every 4 to 5 days. That seems like great battery life to me; more than my mobile thats for sure.
    One poster asked about cigarette lighter charging. You get the charger with the TomTom Go. And it works fine.

Rpoints Elite toon

Re: Cheaper Tom Tom

Quote Originally Posted by d4v1d66
    I'm looking for a mobile deal and cheaper sat nav so I've got a deal on Orange with SPV C500 smartphone 200Xnet doubled to 400Xnet for 6months, Jabra BT200 bluetooth headset, and £170 cashback.
    www.talkworldonline.co.uk

I am looking to pay around £180 for Tom Tom software and GPS Bluetooth Puck - there are a number of companies offering similar deals.
    search Google - spv c500 gps

Advantage to me - I get the phone and headset, all the crossnet mins, the sat nav, It costs me less than a dedicated Tom Tom unit, the battery life is longer, AND.... (DOES THERE NEED TO BE MORE?) I get to pay for half of it over the next 12 months.

To read a review of just how good this combination is go to
    http://www.coolsmartphone.com/index....icle&artid=376

This won't suit everyone and you will need to be able to copy the Tom Tom software to the mini SD card to work in the phone.
    Check out the elastic band holding the phone in on the review! LOL.
    Bear in mind anyone who reads this review, the stand alone TomTom Go has all the features of the mobile phone version.

I'm glad I chose the TomTom Go over the mobile phone version; IMO better, bigger screen and easier to read. You can also lend it to people, without losing your mobile phone in the process. Doesnt look much cheaper to me either...

Junior Member d4v1d66

Re: Cheaper Tom Tom

Bear in mind anyone who reads this review, the stand alone TomTom Go has all the features of the mobile phone version.
    I wasn't aware that the Tom Tom Go was also a mobile phone and personal PDA.

Thanks for your valuable comments but I want to be able to use the superior Xtrac GPS unit which should aid navigation amongst tall buildings etc. hence the sat nav cost of around £180. If I was happy with the standard Tom Tom GPS receiver I'd be looking at around £140 for the receiver and software.

I also want to subscribe to one of the Traffic monitoring systems which I can receive through the phone and have the route automatically update which (unless I'm very much mistaken) the Tom Tom Go won't do.

Additionally I like the idea that I will be able to use my contacts database on the phone to provide the end point for my next journey and have the sat nav plan the jouney from my current position.

PS I intend to purchase the correct in car holder - so won't be needing an elastic band.

Enthusiast stephen7372
    Quote Originally Posted by mariejader
    Has anyone managed to get it to charge from the cigarette lighter? if so what product have you got and where can I buy it from?

I have been told that the battery life is only 2 hours again is this correct?

Thanks
    It comes with a cigarette socket lead, you'll have no problems with that