19 42.22%
  • Psp

26 57.78%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ds or Psp

Member mike_c
    PSP!!!!! anyday.
    I had my psp since march and my son had a ds so i know both machines.
    Psp battery life is not 2 hours like the o.p. said.It is more like 4 hours minium.
    The psp can do mp3,movies,jpegs.And soon or later an internet browser.I got my for value pack £130 included p+p from Canada and no custom cost.So for me psp won hands down.
    Just wait till you see the Tiger woods on the psp compare to the Ds,no contest.
    And no you don't have to buy memory card to save games as it comes with 32mb card.You can get a screen protector for £3- £4,so the screen is not an issue to me.I seen the loads of Ds in Game,toys r us etc with thousands of scratches on it .therefor the ds screen can't be that good.

Rpoints Elite midnightz
    i have both a PSP and DS. i have only had them both for a week or so:

PSP
    this is the one that REALLY impresses in terms of looks and the screen is fantastic. graphics are totally amazing, this machine has power but all the games are arcadey so far. the only downside so far is that it is too shiny and you have to wipe it every time you play - much more annoying than you might think. it also feels pretty fragile.

DS
    doesn't have the WOW factor and the graphics are poor in comparison and why oh why are all the games so cartoony?! however, the touch-screen is very smart and the pick-up-and-playability of the games is fantastic. Mario mini-games are fantastic but i'm waiting to get myself a game that i can really get my teeth into - would love to see an RPG on the system (not cartoony please!) and see how it works with the touch-screen system. has the potential to really kick ass in terms of strategy games... but we'll see how it goes.

so the winner so far: PSP but watch this space for the DS cuz the games are so much more innovative (WarioWare Touch is a blast but far far too short)... don't bother importing the PSP anymore, the launch isn't that far off so you might as well have a UK system with the rumoured improvements to battery life and general construction + you'll get a free movie like they gave away in the US.

Rpoints Elite midnightz
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_c
    PSP!!!!! anyday.
    I seen the loads of Ds in Game,toys r us etc with thousands of scratches on it .therefor the ds screen can't be that good.
    just to make the point that the reason these screens are so scratched is probably because the official DS stylus isn't used with the display models (have you ever seen the stylus with the DS?) so people probably use much sharper implements than the screen was designed for...

Contributor bencallis
    Screens are all scratchd by sony fans and teens that think its fun to damage things!

Rpoints Elite 0lly is a jewel in the rough 0lly is a jewel in the rough 0lly is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by bencallis
    Screens are all scratchd by sony fans and teens that think its fun to damage things!
    It's true, I once saw some people using their keys to scratch the screen in Game

Junior Member pet21fra
    Yo It got to be the Nintendo DS with out a question It got some great games like Mario64 and Wario ware great maybe fantastic can't wait for the greatest game ever Zelda to come to it. And also Metroid Prime looks great and don't for get one of the greatest mutiplayers ever Mario Kart and Nintendogs look's brillant also the GBA fantastic games. I can go on forever but with the PsP I just can't do that, has'ent got many great games and that stupid movies thing that is dumb you pay like £10 for tham and you can get a DvD for that and play it on Widescreen Tv that is like 100 times bigger and also the Ds has a MP3 player what let you put movies, song and other so you can play movie on the Ds but I don't think there is any point. So the DS wins
    Don't forget Nintendo is going to release the GBA 2.

Rpoints Elite midnightz
    GBA 2? you mean the GameBoy Micro?

DS games i am looking forward to are Animal Crossing, Nintendogs, Elektroplankton, a proper RPG (Zelda?) and hopefully Katamari Damacy... the 'game' that exercises the mind also sounds intriguing. i have very high hopes for my DS, i hope it doesn't let me down... oh and i'm not really a fan but Sims 2 looks like it could be everything that the original Sims wasn't on the DS...