Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Expert angst
    Yes the these phones are unlocked.Be warned prepaymania limit two phones in 6 months and they do spot attempts to fox them!

Also avoid using google checkout they cancelled one of my orders and I'm struggling to get my card refunded

Contributor dwarfer_
    Quote Originally Posted by angst
    Yes the these phones are unlocked
    Hey you're right

I just tried one of mine with a Voda sim with no probs, so new prices as follows

£21 cash

£26 trade

fill your boots
    Some people are like Slinkies, good for nothing, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!!

Never argue with a idiot, they will lower you to their level and then beat you with experience

Contributor BinBoy

Re: A guide to selling to CeX and making money

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette

I said 10 copies and you you drop - i.e. you can sell 9 at 'full' price.

But I was more clarifying the level of trade. My assumption was that one account can only trade 9 units per month. But if its 9 titles - then happy days!
    I'll let you know if my 10th unit of the month goes through before the end of the week. Although it reads as max of 9 of each item to me. So 9 x each item x infinite number of different items????

Does anybody know if Cex mark prices down if you have more than 1 of an item in each order? This question is based on the contents of the confirmation e-mails.

Very good thread Nina! Thankyou!

Member glenburg1
    has anyone had any problems getting any payments this week?
    3 of my orders were confirmed as bought on monday
    and normally it goes to payment made the next day,
    but since then theres been no movement,

Contributor Jazzy will become famous soon enough Jazzy will become famous soon enough
    What happens if Special Delivery fails for some reason and you are stuck at a lower price? Would Royal Mail compensate you for your "losses"?

Moderator nina_c79
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy
    What happens if Special Delivery fails for some reason and you are stuck at a lower price? Would Royal Mail compensate you for your "losses"?
    You would only get compensated for your losses if you paid extra for consequential insurance on top of the price for Special Delivery.

Sometimes the damage, delay or loss of an item can lead to greater loss than the market value of the item itself. Delayed legal documents or damaged photographic transparencies are two examples. If you are sending such an item, you can opt for Consequential Loss cover which will entitle you to extra compensation should something go wrong

You can apply for consequential loss compensation if you're using Special Delivery™ for any UK destination, except the Channel Islands, Isle of Man or HM Forces addresses.

Just ask for consequential loss when you send your item by Special Delivery™ Next Day. Compensation claims can be made through our Customer Services within 14 days of posting. Remember to include the receipt for purchase when you file your claim.
    What it costs ~ Maximum compensation
    £1.70 ~ £1,000
    £2.20 ~ £2,500
    £2.90 ~ £5,000
    £3.60 ~ £7,500
    £4.30 ~ £10,000

Moderator nina_c79
    If I did send 10x9, and the “Sell To” orders were all for “Full Whack” could they then just BACS a lower amount or would they have to make me aware that they are reducing the price.
    As long as you haven’t broken any of their rules (i.e. you got the items to them in time, you haven’t sent in 20 copies as opposed to 9) you should be ok. If you haven’t, they will just BACS your payment over with the lower amount, you have no choice in the matter. The only way to check what payment you are going to receive is when you log into your account, if your order value has been decreased, they usually place a note stating why it’s been reduced e.g. 50% discount – bulk order and then the amended price.

There's a question. If you did send something and they refused it (for any reason) do they send them back free of charge? Insured delivery?
    What happens if you reject something I send you?
    Depending on what you requested us to do with your goods, we will either return them to you at our cost, or we will dispose of the goods on your behalf.
    I would imagine they would have to send it back via insured delivery or risk being chased for payment subject to a small claims court action to force them to refund you the money or send the original goods back. Although in saying that, I did read on a forum ages ago that someone sent them a brand new phone boxed with charger and were expecting payment for ‘Grade A’ YET CeX marked it down to ‘Grade C’ and when the guy complained and asked for the phone to be sent back because he could get more for selling it elsewhere rather than their price for ‘Grade C’ they just paid him the money for the ‘Grade C’ and didn’t send his goods back. Don’t know how that story ended if he managed to get more money out of them or his phone back.

Moderator nina_c79
    This one is more for a CEX voucher;

G-Force [Wii/DS] £7.97 at Amazon

CEX will pay cash: £9 = +£1 profit

CEX exchange voucher: £12 = +£4

Rpoints Elite Silhouette
    So not really needed in a "Making Money" section?

I think ive tried to curb posting 'poor' cash returns in this thread.

I think we need to be careful, because this thread is already suffering from ratingitus, so we dont want to exacerbate the situation by clogging it with £1 wins.

Moderator nina_c79
    Quote Originally Posted by nina_c79
    Please use this thread to post any bargains/offers you may spot on other websites and stores which can be sold to CeX for a higher value in cash or exchange voucher.
    It doesn't always have to be about the cash, plus I did state; "This one is more for a CEX voucher".

For a relatively low outlay, someone might be able to get a couple of pricey Blu-rays. For a £15.94 spend, they would receive a £24 Cex voucher which in turn they could buy 2 Blu-rays (say the new Fast & Furious and Australia which are selling for £10 and £12 on Cex) and still have £2 left over. As opposed to the cheapest prices on the net are £15.89 for F&F and £14.98 for Australia. £30.87 less £22 = £8.87 save, that’s nearly £9 saved and is only 1 example of many.

Selling to Cex for cash is great when you have a good profit margin, but lets not forget their range of stuff to buy is vast and you can still save a lot of money by going for the exchange voucher. I guess I posted this one for those amongst us who don’t want to spend a great deal of money or less than a tenner to try it out for themselves to see how it works.

As for ratings, being rated is not the be all and end all of threads or posting offers and it shouldn’t be a deciding factor as to whether to post an offer or not. If I manage to save people some money this Christmas then that’s good enough for me.