Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Contributor dwarfer_
    Quote Originally Posted by nina_c79

Selling to Cex for cash is great when you have a good profit margin, but lets not forget their range of stuff to buy is vast and you can still save a lot of money by going for the exchange voucher. I guess I posted this one for those amongst us who don’t want to spend a great deal of money or less than a tenner to try it out for themselves to see how it works.
    Good point well made Nina. I have CeX vouchers to the value of £403 trading in old tech (1gb sodimm, old phones etc) and stuff I have learnt about on here (games, dvd's etc) for an outlay of £153 (+ what I had lying around that wasnt beng used)!!

What to buy, what to buy
    Some people are like Slinkies, good for nothing, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!!

Never argue with a idiot, they will lower you to their level and then beat you with experience

Moderator nina_c79
    That is a whopping amount of credit dwarfer! If you have any nieces or nephews or perhaps if you are new to gaming yourself, they currently have lots of good offers on slightly old titles (e.g. Tomb Raider Underworld on X360 selling for £5, was released last year), if you sift through them you’d surely get some very good bargains. My friend bought an iphone from them recently, it looked in very good condition. I was thinking about getting an itouch for the MIL from them, it’s definitely cheaper than Argos and other stores. You could get a camera, LCD TV, ipod, Blu-ray player, games console, laptop, phone, CDs; to be honest with you I didn’t even realise they sold half that stuff!

Contributor dwarfer_
    Last time I had that sort of amount I bought the OH an Acer 6935G, brand new still had all the plastic film everywhere on it! and it was way cheaper than anywhere local to me
    Some people are like Slinkies, good for nothing, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!!

Never argue with a idiot, they will lower you to their level and then beat you with experience

Moderator nina_c79
    Just to avoid any confusion to anyone reading, all the posts which Silhouette himself edited/deleted have been removed just to make the thread tidier as it looked rather silly with lots of empty posts in between others.

Contributor grilli
    I've been using CEX since they opened in Preston nearly 2 years ago, in that time I've traded in hundreds of dvds games phones etc i've bough on the cheap. In that time I've bought an iPod touch, a DS, 2 digital cameras, a PS3 and plenty of blu rays and games and still got nearly 200 in credit

Contributor tolgak
    I personally would stick to just doing this instore only at CEX.

The post process sounds far to dangerous and very risky. CEX are now pretty much on the ball with internet prices and change them very quickly.

It's also a store descretion thing about the number of copies of the same item they are willing to take. Been refused recently for certain dvd's/blu rays when they've only had three copies in of it, which negates the recent 5 copy policy that was implemented.

It doesn't help that Royal Mail are useless ******* as well.

I've done like pretty much what Grilli has described, but on a bigger scale.

I've got a brand new 3G 32GB iphone (unlocked), brand new Blackberry (unlocked), BD laptop, netbook and SLR camera and it hasn't cost me a single penny.

Personal opinion time. I think CEX will go bust by this time next year.

Moderator nina_c79
    tolgak – I’ve been using the sellto cex via post/online only for the past 3 or 4 years with only 1 single problem to date and that was the long delay in getting paid last Christmas.

There’s nothing risky or dangerous using the online process, you just have to know what you are doing. As for Cex changing the prices, yes this is a problem, however you just have to make sure you get your order in and then you have 5 working days to get the items to them and the price will remain regardless if it goes down after that.

Also if you use Special Delivery, you have next day delivery guaranteed so no problems relying on Royal Mail’s ‘normal’ postal service. Also you have a 9 copy rule when sending in online which hands down beats any Cex store policy of 3 or 5 copies only. Plus if you don’t have a Cex store nearby, it saves on petrol/time/parking in getting there and risk being turned away because of no cash! I do wonder how Cex manage to stay in business but they appear to be opening stores quite regularly so who knows.

Contributor Jazzy will become famous soon enough Jazzy will become famous soon enough
    Another question....

Is there any sort of volume limit apart from the 9 copies (or different for phones etc) of any title per month or X per month of?

For example, could I sell them 9 copies of Game A, then sell them 9 copies of Game B and Game C and so on in the same month?

I thought there was a £500 limit per month.

Rpoints Elite evilsly
    Quote Originally Posted by nina_c79
    tolgak – I’ve been using the sellto cex via post/online only for the past 3 or 4 years with only 1 single problem to date and that was the long delay in getting paid last Christmas.

There’s nothing risky or dangerous using the online process, you just have to know what you are doing. As for Cex changing the prices, yes this is a problem, however you just have to make sure you get your order in and then you have 5 working days to get the items to them and the price will remain regardless if it goes down after that.

Also if you use Special Delivery, you have next day delivery guaranteed so no problems relying on Royal Mail’s ‘normal’ postal service. Also you have a 9 copy rule when sending in online which hands down beats any Cex store policy of 3 or 5 copies only. Plus if you don’t have a Cex store nearby, it saves on petrol/time/parking in getting there and risk being turned away because of no cash! I do wonder how Cex manage to stay in business but they appear to be opening stores quite regularly so who knows.

going by the local cex in town, they seem to survive on people selling/trading electronic goods, which they seem to have acquired for no cash outlay on, apart from the initial outlay on a hoodie and a knife.

Contributor whitbyfish
    I do find what goes on troubling.Punter turns up with carrier of games or dvd's.They just take any price offered incl games etc for 20p,50p.

You can see the reaction of sellers who owned the product legit ,they get chippy at some of the prices,the drug crowd just want the money and out.