Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Contributor cocko1
    Thanks gents - I'll take my chances!

P.S. Kev, was that slip with my name accidentally on purpose???

CHEERS

Contributor kelbenjae
    Fancy giving this one a shot please?

There is 2 adults & 1 child, going from Walkden to Penrith after lunch on 7th June, returning after 10am on 11th.

Cheapest I've found is £85.30 by going from Walkden to Wigan then Wigan to Penrith. Trying to avoid more than 1 change as we'll also have my younger Son & baby Niece

Rpoints Elite Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about
    Quote Originally Posted by kelbenjae
    Fancy giving this one a shot please?

There is 2 adults & 1 child, going from Walkden to Penrith after lunch on 7th June, returning after 10am on 11th.

Cheapest I've found is £85.30 by going from Walkden to Wigan then Wigan to Penrith. Trying to avoid more than 1 change as we'll also have my younger Son & baby Niece
    I can see on the Fares Manual, that Advance fares are available for your entire journey. These start at £11.25 each way, for all three of you. As with a previous poster, you can't yet book for this date. Virgin are only accepting bookings to the 22nd May at the moment, so you'll need to wait a few weeks before booking.

NOTE: Fares change after 22nd May 2010. If you book before, you pay the current price. If you buy your ticket after this date, you pay the new price.

Enthusiast Knighter is an unknown quantity at this point
    Brucey,

I want to go from Horsham to London Victoria on both Saturday 17th April and Sunday 18th April.

On Sat I would like to arrive about 3PM and about 1PM the following day.

Return times need to be flexible-ish and no railcards, disabilities etc. etc.

Thanks.

Rpoints Elite Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighter
    Brucey,

I want to go from Horsham to London Victoria on both Saturday 17th April and Sunday 18th April.

On Sat I would like to arrive about 3PM and about 1PM the following day.

Return times need to be flexible-ish and no railcards, disabilities etc. etc.

Thanks.
    That's on one of my regular routes, so I am pleased to suggest www.southernrailway.com

A Super Off Peak Return costs £9.70 on their website (i.e. 15% off the station price).

The restriction on this ticket is as follows:
    Restriction : PB
    Ticket is valid as described
    below and all day on
    Saturdays Sundays and Bank
    Holidays.
    There is no need to choose a specific service for this ticket - you can take anything except the Gatwick Express.

Alternatively DaySave (which must be bought online) costs £10 per person per day. This allows unlimited travel on all Southern trains on the specified day. Travel is subject to restrictions during the week, but no restrictions at the weekend.
    http://www.southernrailwaytickets.co...hp?page_id=189

Enthusiast Knighter is an unknown quantity at this point
    Thanks very much Brucey, what are my options if I want a travelcard?

I cannot believe how difficult it is to find my way around the train travel web-sites, at this rate I will be jumping in my car and driving.....

Quote Originally Posted by Knighter
    Thanks very much Brucey, what are my options if I want a travelcard?

I cannot believe how difficult it is to find my way around the train travel web-sites, at this rate I will be jumping in my car and driving.....
    The cheapest return with Travelcard included is £18.70. Therefore it is cheaper to buy a train ticket as suggested previously and buy the Travelcard separately.

The price of Travelcards can be found in this rather over-complicated table: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14416.aspx#Adults

The Travelcard can be bought from any train station ticket office, tube station ticket office or ticket machine at the tube station.

Moderator nina_c79
    Knighter - will you be travelling around London a lot?

Adult off-peak Travelcard for Zones 1-2 is £5.60 (Victoria is zone 1) and this includes Central London zones.

Adult off-peak Travelcard for Zones 1-4 is £6.30 and this includes outer London as well as Central.

You can order visitor tickets and Oysters here:
    http://visitorshop.tfl.gov.uk/english/introduction.htm

Junior Member chesterred
    Hi, I'm new to the site and just spotted this thread. I understand perfectly if I am too new to receive advice. Anyhoo for what it's worth.

I would like to travel from Chester to Plymouth sometime between 9 and 12 am on the 3rd of april, returning anytime on wednesday 7th april.

Cheers and Happy Easter.

Quote Originally Posted by Member408077
    Hi, I'm new to the site and just spotted this thread. I understand perfectly if I am too new to receive advice. Anyhoo for what it's worth.

I would like to travel from Chester to Exeter sometime between 9 and 12 am on the 3rd of april, returning anytime on wednesday 7th april.

Cheers and Happy Easter.
    What is the cheapest fare that you've already found?

Any particular Exeter station? I'm assuming it will be St Davids?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast