Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new phone time

Contributor dswcmw

new phone time

Hello.
    Im due a mobile upgrade in the next 2 weeks, and have no idea what phone to get. Can any one reccmmend one
    many thanks

Contributor mamasboy
    My wife recently renewed contract with o2 and choose to not get new handset and got much better deal on calls and texts, mobiles are so cheap now if you need to buy a cheepie and if you not too concerned about image it may be good money saver for you. I still use a 6yr old nokia 6230 and it works perfect but its no iphone...
    Touching cloth adj. ~

That stooling stage immediately after turtle's head (qv) when the movement establishes contact with the trollies. As in: "Is there a bog round here mate? I'm touching cloth".

Rpoints Elite qwerty321
    What sort of features are you looking for in a phone?

Contributor dswcmw
    Im on Vodafone, and would like to stay with them as i got a good deal, 250 anytime mins and 1000 text a month all for £20, last year i got the samsung v700,
    Features, all i need is to to phone and text really, music is handy when im on nightshift.
    I normally go for the new phones out, as i dont pay for the phones, im their worst or best customer!!!!

Rpoints Elite qwerty321
    Maybe you could try and get the Nokia 5800. Touchscreen, music-oriented phone with GPS and WiFi. On their website they seem to be offereing free on 18 month contracts over £25.

As a an existing customer you might be able to negotiate it down. More info on the phone HERE.

Contributor dswcmw
    I have seen that phone, and was thinking of getting it, is it a good phone, has anyone got one etc

Rpoints Elite qwerty321
    Dont have one personally but I have a friend who has had one for a few weeks. Ill see what he thinks of it.

Contributor dswcmw
    Many thanka adeemnisar

Contributor dswcmw
    Had any reviews of that friend that has one adeemnisar??
    many thanks

Rpoints Elite qwerty321
    Just started talking to the friend on MSN now actually, he hasnt been online lately.

Some of the things he mentioned are:
    Size: A little on the big side. However, he had a Nokia N96 before this phone and that is thicker and heavier!

Touch Screen: Can get irritating at times, but I think that will be down to personal tastes. Some people adjust better to touch screen phones.

Auto-Rotate: He feels it can be a bit over-sensitive at times and there can be a delay when the screen changes between landscape and portrait. There might be settings to tone it down, not sure of that.

Texting: Finds it easy to text using the phone.

Music Player: Loves the speakers on the phone, with or without earphones. As this is a music oriented phones I would expect it to be good!

You can also get a more professional review from HERE.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Hope this helps somewhat.