Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By gypsyofthesky
  • 1 Post By RudeKev
  • 1 Post By Chadwick
  • 1 Post By Mr_Sparkle

Thread: Back online!

Contributor gypsyofthesky will become famous soon enough

Back online!

Will there be a new photographer of the year comp?
    Janine@Rpoints and 0lly like this.
    Go to church do the people from the area,All shapes and classes sit and pray together,For here they are all one, God created all men equal.

Super Moderator Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light
    Very good idea!

If there are any members who will participate, we can consider doing one.

Will you be interested? People can post there interest here.
    Do you work in the Public Sector? Earn more cashback In-Store. Learn more on public sector staff discounts

Legend & Competitions Guru RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Year 2011 - Winner
    Special Contributor Award Special Contributor Award Jan 2012 Spelling Award 2011 Most Popular Rpointer Member of the Month June 2011
    Best bet janice is to sea if Chadwic still about
    he use to run this
    I suspect he'll knead approval
    from the 'Competition manlager'
    10,000 posts
    Diet 16st 05lbs
    Start 18st 02lbs 14/9
    Wiina of the Presstidgeous Comedy award

Rpoints Elite 0lly is a jewel in the rough 0lly is a jewel in the rough 0lly is a jewel in the rough
    I'd like this now since I have a DSLR and have been snapping like crazy the last year

Legend & Competitions Guru RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Year 2011 - Winner
    Special Contributor Award Special Contributor Award Jan 2012 Spelling Award 2011 Most Popular Rpointer Member of the Month June 2011
    a bit of bac ground about fotography comp
    Chadwic used to ruin it but he was two tite to spring for prizes so Rpoints payed for them
    It ran for 12 months with 3 montly prizes and a grand finale of all the whinas
    You could enter twice and then there was a vote open to everyone not just the peeps with fotos in.
    There was a different theme each month
    but then the titel didn't mean anythin cause once when it was 'Animals' Gypsymoth won with a foto of a deadp wasp he'd stuc on a flowa and then taken close up.
    The most interestin month was when there was counter/accusation of Vote riggin by, well, pretty much everyone
    Still it liven up the forums
    Like I say ask Chadwic ofr mor info
    Chuckles1066 likes this.
    10,000 posts
    Diet 16st 05lbs
    Start 18st 02lbs 14/9
    Wiina of the Presstidgeous Comedy award

Super Moderator Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light
    Thanks Kev

We will wait for Chadwick's thoughts and get a photography competition launched
    Do you work in the Public Sector? Earn more cashback In-Store. Learn more on public sector staff discounts

Moderator Chadwick will become famous soon enough Chadwick will become famous soon enough
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    I'd be up for running a comp again.

The previous one sprang from a fairly active Photo Forum. There were a few members in particular who frequently posted interesting images, links or notes, and that generated further interest from others who were less serious about photography but took an interest.

The RPoints Photographer Of The Year (RPOTY) competitions were always very casual affairs. The format did vary a bit from year to year. The two I ran consisted of a number of themed rounds, with the winners of each round going through to the final. Small prizes awarded for the rounds and a bigger prize for the finals. I did this so that as many people as possible might win something and be encouraged to enter. The judging was simply some of my friends picking their favourites. The judges weren't photographers, so weren't marking on technical ability - just whether they like the photos. Again, I figured this would give the non-photographers on Rpoints a better chance of winning, and might encourage more entries. Last time we also had an additional "Members' Choice" award where Rpoints members voted for a winner. I wanted to increase particiaption and interaction on the forum, but was aware that "vote rigging" was possible; hence the bulk of the prize money was decided by my friends where I could be sure there was no collusion (they were Rpoints members but not forum regulars, so they had no idea or interest in who took which photo).

Financially, me and Globbits funded the first competition, but Rpoints funded the second one - hence the bigger prizes second time round. Unlike kev and his compos, I don't have an endless supply of vouchers and I can't afford to fund it again, so any prizes would need to come from Rpoints again.

As for the structure/format of a new competition, I'm open to suggestions.
    RudeKev likes this.

Chadwick, if you are happy to run it, Rpoints will fund the prize

Contributor Mr_Sparkle is on a distinguished road
    Go for it

Now all I need is a model
    RudeKev likes this.
    "Removed at the request of moderator"

Contributor haze2807
    I'd love to see the RPOTY competition going again. I really enjoyed looking at everybody's entries and casting my vote every month.
    CLICK DAILY TO GIVE FREE MAMMOGRAMS

SEE HERE FOR DETAILS