Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Contributor RedRasper

Camera Insurance

Hi All,

I've realised recently that my travel insurance won't really cover my camera equipment these days and having had a look around I wondered if any of you had recommendation for companies to go with?

It's not a massive amount I have (D5000, Nikon 70-300mm VR and Nikon 16-85 + tripod) so probably £1500 ish worth in total.

Cheers!

Ric
    Rpoints Elite Ric has a spectacular aura about Ric has a spectacular aura about
    Have you checked what your home contents insurance covers you for away from the home? Many policies often have suitable cover for this value of goods taken on travels.
    the moon smiles when the sea is calm...

Contributor RedRasper
    Thanks Ric, Didn't think to check my home insurance. Hopefully that will cover me.

Cheers

Moderator Chadwick will become famous soon enough Chadwick will become famous soon enough
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    Your home insurance should cover that. It's not professional equipment (unless you are using it to shoot commercially, in which case check your policy wording very carefully).

Junior Member Balunga
    Hi. Just tried to claim on my home insurance for a broken lens on my digi-SLR, which was caused by my niece dropping the thing. My house insurance WOULD cover the cost, but they said there's a £150 excess charge, so in practical terms it's not worth going ahead as I can get a lens off ebay for half that!