Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Expert Lizzy will become famous soon enough

Can anyone help with a scanned photo I have please

I really need some assistance if anyone is able to help me. I have a very special photo that's been printed for me, unfortunately it's blurred, and when I scan it to upload it on the PC yellow dots appear that are barely there to the naked eye on the original. It's a very special photo and I wonder if anyone is able to sharpen it up a little and remove these dots as I really don't have the skill or know how, and desperately want to use the photo for an extra special Christmas gift. I'd be most greatful if anyone is able to help me please.
    Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift. Some people only dream of angels, we held one in our arms.

Enthusiast PatoTheDuck
    Hi, lizzy, if you pm me the picture or link , i can take a look, cant guarantee if i can without looking first. If the picture is blurred, i dont think there is much you can do about that, unless you can print the photo a lot smaller. I should be able to remove the spots, unless there's millions of them!

im no pro, but ive had to stuff like that before with grans pics etc.

Moderator Chadwick will become famous soon enough Chadwick will become famous soon enough
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    You could try PhotoWonder if you can work out how to get the English version of the site.

Alternatively, I retouch photos for a living, so pm me a link to an upload and I'll have a go myself.

If you're scanning it, make sure your scanner is on the highest quality setting and I'd recommend scanning it as a 600dpi TIFF. As Pato says, if it's blurred, it's blurred and there's only a limited amount of sharpening that be applied.

Expert Lizzy will become famous soon enough
    I'm not even sure how to set the dpi on my current scanner now you mention it! Pato pointed out the marks may have come from debris on the glass but I gave given it a clean and it's no better. However Pato has removed the marks for me and there's even a possibility now that I may be able to get another photo after all. Thanks everyone for their assistance, peoples willingness to help others out on this forum is still what makes Rpoints great in my opinion
    Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift. Some people only dream of angels, we held one in our arms.