Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Legend & Competitions Guru RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Year 2011 - Winner
    Special Contributor Award Special Contributor Award Jan 2012 Spelling Award 2011 Most Popular Rpointer Member of the Month June 2011
    I think I speak for eveyone when I say that we are all very grateful to you for runnin the Photo Comp and appreciate all the hard work you put in.
    10,000 posts
    Diet 16st 05lbs
    Start 18st 02lbs 14/9
    Wiina of the Presstidgeous Comedy award

Member royks
    Many thanks for all you have done here Chadwick. There have been some interesting responses to the different categories and much debate as to the differences of opinion between members and judges. I for one think the effort you put in to choosing the categories and administering them was much appreciated and that your example photos in each case were inspirational.
    Whatever form next year takes I look forward to it.

Moderator Chadwick will become famous soon enough Chadwick will become famous soon enough
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    Thank you for the kind words.

Going back to this years comp, and I mean no offence to our winners, but they weren't my personal favourites. I had to stand by and watch as the Judges discarded my choices (not that I had indicated this to them) in favour of the ones who won.

If it were down to me, I'd have gone for:
    Some Like it Hot

Blur

Goldfinger

I thought these three were a clever and relevant take on their chosen titles. Some Like it Hot shows hot peppers, sparkler hearts and a burning photo of Marilyn Monroe, linking it nicely to the film.

Blur is so simple in its concept, connecting with the name itself but also copying the cover art concept of the CD itself.

Goldfinger is a literal interpretation of the title, but it also depicts a key scene from the film. I have a feeling the actual film posters also featured a similar image.

But, it's not my choice. I know who sent each picture in, so to avoid any bias, I let the pictures speak for themselves and the Judges pick the winners with nothing more than the photos and titles to go on. Just goes to show how different people perceive the images in different ways.

Rpoints Elite kevenh_ will become famous soon enough
    too simple :P and is that a pot of sunpat peanut butter the pic taker could've avoided getting in the shot with a bit of effort? (blur pic)

Well done Chadwick. It was fun having the monthly effort to think of specific themed shots. It wasn't always fun watching pics nose dive in the votes, but over the whole comp, that probably evens out
    1st Team To 100 Years Of Top Division Football. Come On The Blues!
    Now in their 109th season

Member royks
    Chadwick,
    I understand your comments and take no personal offence, as you say choices are very subjective .
    I did have a few other options but have to say a big part of my reasoning in choosing Snow Leopard for my final entry was based on decisions in previous rounds.

Moderator Chadwick will become famous soon enough Chadwick will become famous soon enough
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by royks
    Chadwick,
    I understand your comments and take no personal offence, as you say choices are very subjective .
    I did have a few other options but have to say a big part of my reasoning in choosing Snow Leopard for my final entry was based on decisions in previous rounds.
    Yes, they did seem to favour animal pics.... I noticed that but felt it wasn't right to post that on the forums. Maybe next year I'll shake up the panel a bit.

Contributor gypsyofthesky will become famous soon enough
    Chadwick,
    Are you going to be updating the main page with all the results etc
    http://www.rpoints.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1176723

Also some of the pictures there aren't showing up!!

Regards

Contributor gypsyofthesky will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsyofthesky
    Chadwick,
    Are you going to be updating the main page with all the results etc
    http://www.rpoints.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1176723

Also some of the pictures there aren't showing up!!

Regards
    Still not updated - would have been nice to see it all complete!!

RPOTY 2010 yet?