Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Moderator Chadwick will become famous soon enough Chadwick will become famous soon enough
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011

RPOTY - The Final

Rpoints Photographer Of The Year 2008-9

The Final

Monday 17th August 2009 - Sunday 6th September 2009

Firstly, congratulations to all the people listed below. These people have been a Winner or Runner-Up in the preceding 12 rounds. The reward for that is this invitation to the Final of RPOTY 2008-9. Only these people are allowed to enter pictures for the Final.

billybones
    gypsyofthesky
    hnisc
    jason12
    kevenh@rpoints
    Liseinleeds
    Member319647
    Member329979
    Member345031
    Member352500
    Minxtabb
    Perkin
    RedRasper
    RichJay
    royks
    Silo

The theme for the Final is a little bit different. This time, what you need to do is to submit ONE image only that interprets or illustrates a film, book, play, TV show or CD/album of your choosing. For example, you could recreate an iconic scene from your favourite film, or a classic album cover. Or you could make an entirely new image that suits the title, either a literal interpretation (as I have done above), or something more insightful that relates to the story. However you choose to portray your title, the Judges will be looking for relevance to your chosen subject, imagination and a photograph that holds their attention.

Please note:
    ONE image per person.
    You must include the name of the book/play/film/album/TV show when you submit your image.

How to enter
    You can enter one photo in the Final.
    Only the people named on this post (previous Winners or Runners-Up) may enter the Final.
    All entries for the Final must be sent to me by midnight Sunday 6th September 2009
    Include the name of the subject book/play/film/album/TV show when you submit your image.
    1. Post your photo on Imageshack or a similar site. Instructions on how to do this are here.
    2. Send a PM to me (click the PM button below this post or click here) with the url link to your photo. Do not post your photo or the link on the forums.
    Photos must be in JPG format and will be printed at 7”x5” size for judging. Recommended resolution is 300dpi. Images with dimensions smaller than 7”x5” at this resolution will be printed at 100% of their normal size.
    There is no need to "register" anywhere (you just need to be an Rpoints member) and there is no entry fee. Just take a picture, host it somewhere and send me the link.

Prizes
    Results will be announced on the Rpoints website shortly after the end of the Final. The following prizes will be awarded:
    • Final Winner: 2500 Rpoints (£25)
      Second Place: 1000 Rpoints (£10)
      Third Place: 500 Rpoints (£5)
      Final Members' Award: 500 Rpoints (£5)
    The Members' Award will be decided by an open vote here on the Rpoints website. All the submitted entries will be published and everyone can vote for their favourite.
    All prizes will be awarded in Rpoints.

Please read the full Rules and Terms & Conditions for more information.

Rpoints Elite kevenh_ will become famous soon enough

An interesting final round.

But shouldn't it be 1 photo per previous round you were either the winner or runner up?

It's not clear from the RPOTY announcement post that there was no benefit to doing well in more than one round
    1st Team To 100 Years Of Top Division Football. Come On The Blues!
    Now in their 109th season

Enthusiast SnakePlissken will become famous soon enough
    Is the film you've tried to illustrate in your example picture 'Attack of the killer oranges'?

Of course i know its Clockwork Orange, but there's no wit in giving the right answer.
    The first one to arrive at RPOINTS, please turn the light on.

Moderator silo
    I thought it was The Orange with the Dodgy Moustache.

Moderator Chadwick will become famous soon enough Chadwick will become famous soon enough
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kevenh@Rpoints
    But shouldn't it be 1 photo per previous round you were either the winner or runner up?

It's not clear from the RPOTY announcement post that there was no benefit to doing well in more than one round
    I did toy with that idea, but decided to keep it simple on this occasion. The benefit of winning more than one prize is simply that you got more cash out of it!

To end any confusion about my picture, surely it's obvious that it's The Fruit at the End of Time?

Contributor RedRasper
    Chadwick, looks like your clock has stopped...I think your orange has ran out of juice! <ducks>

Interesting round - going to need to get my thinking cap on!

Member royks
    Chadwick - I sent my entry a few days ago but have not had confirmation of receipt as normal? Can you confirm you received it please?

royks, did you use a pm or an email?
    I can see Chadwick read my pm with a pic enclosed.

Member royks
    pm (RPOTY Final Chadwick 04 Sep 2009 21:53) - how can you check if it's been read or not?

I check like this: -
    Unread pm are in the Outbox area, Read are in the Sentbox area.