Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Rpoints Elite hoiwei

Ebay and refund procedure query

I bought an item off ebay but it in my interpretation the information was not 100%. I have contacted the seller and explained the situation and he has asked me what I would prefer, a refund or part refund so it is at a reduced price.
    I would prefer to return and receive a refund.
    However, I have no previous experience of a refund and would appreciate any advice on what precautions I should take and the steps to go through (paid via paypal if it helps).

Many thanks.

Rpoints Elite hoiwei
    Anyone?

(Has everyone deserted these forums?)

Super Moderator Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light
    I think it should be a simple process. The seller just refunds your paypal transaction which should get credited in your paypal account. If they dont do it properly, you can always lodge a "dispute" with paypal - using their online interface. Usually sellers are worried about negative feedback on ebay and behave. Paypal gives you additional peace of mind - they have a dispute resolution process.

I havent used ebay or paypal for a while, but have received many refunds by paypal without any problems. No special precaution necessary apart from asking the seller to refund it to your paypal account and checking that you got the money.
    Do you work in the Public Sector? Earn more cashback In-Store. Learn more on public sector staff discounts

Expert colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice colsey is just really nice
    If you post the item back make sure you get a receipt of postage/recorded depending on the value.

However, even if you do this if the seller has withdrawn funds/closed account/there is no guarantee you will get your funds back, (unless things have changed sine I was last robbed by an ebayer).
    It takes a lifetime to build a reputation and a second to break it.