Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Expert planteria will become famous soon enough

fewer buyers leaving feedback

i seem to be having fewer buyers leaving feedback. no negatives at all, just people that pay, receive the product and then never make contact again.

i have put some items on ebay just to clear out stock and to boost feedback numbers, so it's frustrating.

Rpoints Elite One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough
    Ask them nicely!

Have you given all your buyers good feedback?

Rpoints Elite Silhouette
    As a seller - I would never give feedback until they give me theres (as they have the power to screw you over and you dont)

But - with eBay being so rife with dumbasses nowadays - I dont ask for feedback - just in case I ruffle their feathers.

Ive sold 200+ items in the last month or so - and I reckon ive probably had 30-50 feedback.

Just need to take it on the chin - because you dont know if you'll be reminding someone to contact you (and if its been a while - your item might have been used and not lived up to their expectations... as they have 60 days for a refund - they might be genuinely unhappy)

Just let the clock run out

Enthusiast Dr_Cox is a name known to all Dr_Cox is a name known to all Dr_Cox is a name known to all Dr_Cox is a name known to all Dr_Cox is a name known to all Dr_Cox is a name known to all
    As a buyer, when i buy and pay on time i dont leave feedback until the seller has
    Danny Blanchflower – “Our Tactics Have Always Been To Equalise Before The Other Team Score”

Enthusiast me49684 will become famous soon enough
    As a buyer only, I tend to give feedback as and when I remember

I know I should do it when I get the item if all is ok but I quite often forget and then have to do it all in one big sitting when I remember

It gets done eventually and sometimes a polite reminder is needed and appreciated
    You are only young once but you can be immature forever !!

that's interested DrCox, but ive always gone along with Silhouette...ive left every buyer that has left me feedback, with feedback, OES. but only after theyve given me a positive.

i sent 1 polite reminder to some non-feedbacking buyers previously, and one chap left me a + with the comment "Leave feedback or he'll never stop pestering you. as described quick delivery"

Rpoints Elite One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by planteria
    ive left every buyer that has left me feedback, with feedback, OES. but only after theyve given me a positive.
    As you seem keen to get feedback, it might be better to change your policy and give buyers feedback - a buyer has no real incentive to give any feedback (as opposed to a seller, who wants feedback for his credibility).

The customer is the one doing you the favour (buying off you), not the other way round, and giving feedback as a seller is less "valuable" than receiving it as a seller.

Contributor an6ypan6y
    just to add to the discussion:

I don't use ebay that much, sold 4 items this month and bought 2 - I got 100% feedback from buyers and sellers and I believe that is because I don't play soppy waiting games - I will if you will kind of thing.

You have to trust people at some level and let's be realistic, if you are going to get a negative then the fact you have left a positive has naff all to do with it.

That's what I think anyway

A

interesting,
    but a feedback as a buyer is still a feedback +
    and as above, most ebayers i know Only feedback in response to a + from a buyer

Rpoints Elite Silhouette
    I think its a deep felt sense of being screwed over - when you give a positive and 3 weeks later they give a "non-positive" and make some smarmy damaging comment thats not even related to the quality or service (i.e. arrived fine - but the browntape on the package was sloppy)

So rather than feel that they have got the best of me - I just give them once they are happy - so I know there wont be any come backs.

I dont mind not getting it - its frsutrating - but it never affects my sales... so im happy to plug away.

If I get a "non-positive" then I chase a little so I can bury it off the first screen