Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Moderator nina_c79
    A month has gone by since the end of your sale, why did you not just open up an unpaid item dispute on day 7? By day 12 or 14 (can’t remember which), you would have got your fvfs back and been able to relist the item for free again as it didn’t sell the first time round. Why did you leave it?

I’m fairly sure your buyer would have responded to eBay’s non-paying bidder alert, instead they’ve fed you a cock and bull story about numerous e-mails not getting through and you have fell for it. Sorry but no buyer waits nearly a month for an item with no contact from the seller, regardless of whether you sent a direct e-mail to them. I know eBay messages can sometimes be hit and miss but come on, if they had sent a message via eBay at least one would have reached you by now.

The only thing you can do now is follow pabenny’s advice of sucking up to the buyer and hope that they don’t neg you or mark your stars down for lack of communication, slow dispatch etc. You could have saved yourself all this hassle if you had gone down the unpaid item dispute route, plus you would have had no risk of a neg as the buyer wouldn’t have been able to leave one once a dispute has been closed against them. Let this be a lesson to you, time is money, don’t waste time faffing about after buyers on eBay, follow the procedures in place and get on with it.

Rpoints Elite One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by nina_c79
    A month has gone by since the end of your sale, why did you not just open up an unpaid item dispute on day 7?
    And why bother starting this thread, getting our advice then ignoring it?

What a waste of all our time.

And now you come back presumably wanting more input from us!

Expert planteria will become famous soon enough
    maybe ive been too nice?

the buyer also said that he would pay by paypal if i removed the postage costs, as he's looking to collect, but also offered to pay in cash on collection if i would prefer....which i opted for......so i suppose he can say i havent invoiced him correctly. when i received that message i assumed that he would then arrange to collect, and pay at the time...but no reply since

sorry for wasting peoples time, but dont worry OES, with the consistent sniping im more than happy for you to ignore any queries from me

Rpoints Elite One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough
    Seeing as you don't give out ratings to anyone that tries to help you, spose being told to ignore your queries in future is a backhanded rating??

Legend & Competitions Guru RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Year 2011 - Winner
    Special Contributor Award Special Contributor Award Jan 2012 Spelling Award 2011 Most Popular Rpointer Member of the Month June 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Snake
    Seeing as you don't give out ratings to anyone that tries to help you,
    That slanderous OES
    Planteria gave out 2 ratings in June
    10,000 posts
    Diet 16st 05lbs
    Start 18st 02lbs 14/9
    Wiina of the Presstidgeous Comedy award

Moderator nina_c79
    Quote Originally Posted by planteria
    maybe ive been too nice?

the buyer also said that he would pay by paypal if i removed the postage costs, as he's looking to collect, but also offered to pay in cash on collection if i would prefer....which i opted for......so i suppose he can say i havent invoiced him correctly. when i received that message i assumed that he would then arrange to collect, and pay at the time...but no reply since

sorry for wasting peoples time, but dont worry OES, with the consistent sniping im more than happy for you to ignore any queries from me
    How much exactly is the item worth?

If the buyer is going to collect and the item is relatively low cost, you wouldn't need to invoice him. All you would need to do is arrange between you a mutually convenient time/place for him to collect.

If the item is high cost, then if your buyer pays by Paypal and collects, you are screwed because they could claim for non-receipt and get to keep the item and get their money back.

I think you mentioned before that you sell relatively low cost items? It just sounds like more time-wasting from the buyer to me. Still, not much you can do now except pander to your buyer’s whims.

the item would be £20ish at retail
    the item was one for 99p, with £6.90 p&p.
    the only message received from the buyer said he would collect

sorry for not acting on advice promptly, appreciate all help

i opened an unpaid item case in the hope that it would persuade the buyer to collect and pay me 99p or pay the invoice incl. P&P and id have sent it. i also called him & left two messages, but no responses

i received an email saying that the UIC was coming to an end and that i would not receive a FVF credit and that the unpaid item will not be recorded on the buyer's account, but when i closed the case, as prompted, i got:

"This unpaid item case has been closed
    You will receive a Final Value Fee credit and the unpaid item will be recorded on the buyer's account."

i opened an unpaid item case in the hope that it would persuade the buyer to collect and pay me 99p ......
    All this over 99p????

FFS

just learning the ropes One Eye,
    as per messages, i haven't asked you in particular for any help.

do you guys always add any 'problem' buyers to your Blocked list?

as per messages, i haven't asked you in particular for any help.

do you guys always add any 'problem' buyers to your Blocked list?
    What messages??

As per other posts, it doesn't cost you to say thank you when people try and help you!

Obviously block problem buyers (could be me messin you about over 99p!!)