Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Expert planteria will become famous soon enough

"Item I received is not as described"

a buyer won some plant food from me in an auction. he gave prompt feedback, + saying "as described" but has now raised "Item I received is not as described"

him: the bottel you sold me has a date on the lid 09/11 it has instructions use by date on the bottle.about six months? that about right. yours wasnt the cheapest.what do you sugest

me: Hi William, I hope you are well. I don't understand your question. You have raised 'not as described' but the Clonex we have sent to you is exactly as described and is fine with an 09/11 use by date. You won it in an auction. Sorry if you wish you hadn't bid at the level you did, but I am sure you will find the product performs well. Thanks. David.

him: my question is shouldn't there be about a years worth of use . if the short expiry date was mentioned, there is no way i would have bought this item. does eBay have any thing to say about this kind of transaction.ps just curious,am going to use it in the morning

should i be concerned? risk he will charge back the money via paypal

Contributor mel78 is a jewel in the rough mel78 is a jewel in the rough mel78 is a jewel in the rough mel78 is a jewel in the rough
    Common sense would think that neither Ebay nor Paypal would be interested in his complaint. But with the monkeys they employ you never know.

that's my concern

Contributor pabenny
    I checked one of your listings for this product - you don't mention the expiry date and 09/11 clearly isn't about to expire.

What's the normal shelf life of this product direct from the manufacturer? If you are selling fresh stock, you could mention this in your listings.

Except for certain foods and probably also medicines, it is legal to sell products after the expiry date on the labelling but it would be bad practice not to mention this. As far as I know, there is no minimum shelf life on anything.
    Save on hayfever medication at Chemist Direct. Much cheaper than Boots, Tesco, Asda.

thankyou for your interest and reply.
    that particular mixture does have Use By dates on it, and the length of them seems to vary when coming from the only supplier, generally 6 to 12months. the reality is though, the product will work well long after that.