Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Expert planteria will become famous soon enough

responding to neutral feedback?

I've had my first non-positive feedback on ebay, a Neutral from a local buyer.

I delivered the item to him, the evening that the auction finished. He was friendly when I arrived, but shoved the payment (without delivery) into my hand, stating the amount, indicating that he wasn't prepared to pay for delivery.

now 20 days later he has given us the Neutral with his comment "turned up on door with out warning". i hadn't arranged an appointment, but does that seem harsh? i saved him having to collect, and i gave a very prompt personal service.

is there a way to Respond to neutral feedback?

Super Moderator Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light Janine@Rpoints is a glorious beacon of light
    Some people are just like that. Ungrateful. Can't you leave a negative feedback for this buyer?

I'm not sure you will get too far with ebay disputing this. I don't think people would mind a neutral feedback with that comment. The buyer is a bit harsh on you.
    Do you work in the Public Sector? Earn more cashback In-Store. Learn more on public sector staff discounts

thanks janine. you can't leave negative feedback for buyers - i think you can respond to negative feedback, but you don't seem to be able to respond to a neutral.

Contributor mel78 is a jewel in the rough mel78 is a jewel in the rough mel78 is a jewel in the rough mel78 is a jewel in the rough
    I would probably put a reply: How ungrateful! I delivered free to save buyer the postage.

i dont think you Can reply to 'defend' the Neutral. i think all i could do is leave a comment if i give him a positive. is that right?

Contributor mel78 is a jewel in the rough mel78 is a jewel in the rough mel78 is a jewel in the rough mel78 is a jewel in the rough
    I don't know whether or not you can reply to a neutral. If not I would leave positive and say 'Left neutral fb despite me delivering to save him postage. How ungrateful.'

Moderator Chadwick will become famous soon enough Chadwick will become famous soon enough
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    What's the problem? Is neutral bad? I thought it was just, well, neutral. As in, you got what you paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick View Post
    What's the problem? Is neutral bad? I thought it was just, well, neutral. As in, you got what you paid for.
    I hope I never sell anything to you then. As far as Ebay sellers are concerned a neutral is almost as bad as a negative.

i tend to agree Mel. I've had a run of 242 positives, so it's in perspective & doesn't do any real harm i suppose, but frustrating.

he's just replied to my message about his neutral:

"hi there i was Annoyed about you just turning up as i had said i will collect thank you for such a good service as i put in the feedback about how fast you delivery was apart from that it was a pleasant experience"

Since you said he left the feedback 20 days later, he stayed annoyed for a long time didn't he?