Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Expert planteria will become famous soon enough

setting up ebay account with debit card

i am trying to help a customer set up their ebay account.

he has his business debit card, which he is convinced is current and active, but the card is being rejected. his business account is, at the moment, overdrawn....he is assuming that this is why the account is not being verified, but should this matter?

it is a profitable business so should ID ok, and the verification does not require ebay to take a payment from the account, so this shouldn't cause the card to be rejected, should it

Enthusiast Dr_Cox is a name known to all Dr_Cox is a name known to all Dr_Cox is a name known to all Dr_Cox is a name known to all Dr_Cox is a name known to all Dr_Cox is a name known to all
    Dont they take 1p to verify the card?
    Danny Blanchflower – “Our Tactics Have Always Been To Equalise Before The Other Team Score”

Rpoints Elite kryptic
    I am pretty sure they make a small charge on credit/debit cards, on bank accounts the deposit a small amount below £1 and you have type the amount in to verify. My question to you is if the customer of yours is overdrawn how are they planning on paying for the item? If they have a paypal balance are you sure it has been acquired legally?

Personally I would leave them to it, if they manage to verify their account then accept the payment and post the goods, if they don't then push for a cheque or walk away from the deal.

Jason.

Rpoints Elite One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough

Re: setting up ebay account with debit card

Quote Originally Posted by planteria
    i am trying to help a customer set up their ebay account.

he has his business debit card, which he is convinced is current and active, but the card is being rejected. his business account is, at the moment, overdrawn....he is assuming that this is why the account is not being verified, but should this matter?

it is a profitable business so should ID ok, and the verification does not require ebay to take a payment from the account, so this shouldn't cause the card to be rejected, should it
    Is the account overdrawn without authorisation or over its o/d limit - this would "black" it!

Otherwise the card should be ok, and it maybe simply that the wrong details are being input?

Rpoints Elite One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptic
    I am pretty sure they make a small charge on credit/debit cards, on bank accounts the deposit a small amount below £1 and you have type the amount in to verify.
    That's paypal's verification procedure.

Rpoints Elite kryptic
    Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Snake
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptic
    I am pretty sure they make a small charge on credit/debit cards, on bank accounts the deposit a small amount below £1 and you have type the amount in to verify.
    That's paypal's verification procedure.
    Ah ok, I had assumed the "verified" status was for the paypal part of the transaction, my mistake.

sorry kryptic, i didn't make myself clear. the chap is a retailer that i supply with various products, i don't mean that he's an ebay customer of mine.

i think he was, temporarily, overdrawn without an agreed facility. i didn't think that using the card for verification purposes would be affected by this, though.

the card details were definately correct, i entered them

Quote Originally Posted by planteria
    i think he was, temporarily, overdrawn without an agreed facility. i didn't think that using the card for verification purposes would be affected by this, though.
    The card will have been stopped and will just be rejected anywhere it is presented, (without a reason being given).

ok, thanks OES

ive set him up successfully this afternoon.