Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Rpoints Elite Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about

SNAD and return not turning up

I bought an item on ebay a while back for my mum (she doesn't use ebay).

Item came and it was completely the wrong colour (item was royal blue in listing - came and it was dark navy, almost black).

Contacted seller who said return it for a refund.

Package hadn't been opened fully, only a corner opened to see the colour, so item was sent back by return to sender.

Three weeks later and seller hasn't received item (or so they say).

Started a PayPal dispute today and seller replied refusing refund as they hadn't received the item back.

Where do I go from here? Will an ebay dispute actually work as I don't have proof of postage?

Item was paid partly from PayPal balance, partly from Visa debit card.

Contributor dodibirds
    its not looking to good. if you had a proof of postage you could have claimed against royal mail up to £36 i think. paypal would always say return by trackable means. hope someone with better advice but you may have to put this one down to experience. Always get a proof of posting when posting anything as it's evidence of accountability.

Rpoints Elite Silhouette
    DodiBirds is right - everything you touch should be proofed (I *highly* recommend going the 70p extra and doing recorded)

But eBay will not look twice at it without proof.

If it works in the sellers favour - sometimes ringing the team and explaining (sob-story-esque) will let them 'comp' you on rare occassions (especially if you havent 'comped' before)

I had that when I was screwed over on a pair of glasses - the seller got his refund and I got the money recredited to my balance too.

eBay must take the hit on a few things to keep everyone happy

Rpoints Elite Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about Brucey has a spectacular aura about
    PayPal have today said that I'm eligible for a refund if I can provide a tracking number - which I can't.

Might try the sob story one - not sure this will work though.

Contributor safearber
    it wasn't a tablecloth by any chance was it?

Quote Originally Posted by safearber
    it wasn't a tablecloth by any chance was it?
    No. A waterproof jacket.

Filled in the tracking number box with a reason why it wasn't sent tracked, i.e. seller told me to return it, not to send it tracked.

Today received an email from PayPal siding with me. Full refund also received.