Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Expert planteria will become famous soon enough

when winning bidder makes a mistake

i was selling some wellington boots on ebay.

final value was £51. 2nd bidder had bid £50, the winner, apparently, rather than bidding her desired £43, bid £4,300 by mistake.

she sent a message saying that it was a mistake. i offered the underbidder a 2nd chance offer, which closes in 5minutes. he hasnt replied to a message, so suspect he wont buy it.

winning bidder has now send a message "pleae send me a mutual agreement to cancel the transaction between me and you sorry for the error thankyou regards pip"

what should i do? do what she suggests, hopefully exchange positives and relist??

Rpoints Elite One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough One Eyed Snake is a jewel in the rough
    You can't force her to pay, so what else can you do??

Moderator Chadwick will become famous soon enough Chadwick will become famous soon enough
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    If the second bidder won't respond either, could you sell them to the next highest? You might as well get something, as eBay will charge you to relist won't they?

Expert planteria will become famous soon enough
    the second highest bidder didnt take the second chance

the third highest bidder was way lower

i have cancelled the initial transaction & relisted. if they sell, the fees should be refunded.

Junior Member marcus45 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Yes, the right thing to do is. Cancel the transaction and re-list, this way you will receive the final value. When you relist message to all your bidders about the mess up and give them an opportunity to rebid.