Welcome to the Rpoints Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Rpoints Legend BangraMonkey
    enjoy uni while it lasts!
    A Monkey is for life, not just for Xmas!

Enthusiast wbafcben
    Hmm... I wonder who that'd be...

Expert Westside_P
    The Westside Title: Official Rpoints Gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by BangraMonkey@Rpoints
    enjoy uni while it lasts!
    LOL, I can't wait to get back in the office, uni is rubbish

Rpoints Elite qwerty321
    4 months since my last blog post!

Again nothing much has happened between now and then just more uni. Coming towards the end of the 1st year now just 3 exams left on the 29th April (GTA Release Day ), 2nd and 9th of May. Then 4 and a half months off!

However, the best thing to happen since then is that I PASSED my driving test today Very happy with that, but car insurance costs remove some of that happiness!

Noticed the other day that I no longer have immortal status on Rpoints . Was good while it lasted.

Now its just time to look for a summer job, anyone got any suggesstions for websites to look at?

Expert Westside_P
    The Westside Title: Official Rpoints Gangsta
    Yo homie,

its a nice feeling coming to the end of the year innit, and well done on yo driving test dawg, you'll be blazin it up with some tv's in the head rests and spinning rims soon enough eh ?!

You got your house sorted for next year and all that? Hope the peeps you living wit ain't driving you too mad coming at at 2 am p*ssed out their eyeballs!

As for the job man, i'd recommend the local council - I know mine has an agency which sorts out temporary work. They pay relatively higher than other jobs (about £7 an hour) and its pretty easy I.E. inputting stuff on a database.

Good luck wit the exams

peace cuz

Moderator nina_c79
    Well done on the driving test and good luck in your exams

As for the job situation, shops are usually keen to take on youngsters with little/no work experience. The only downside is it's usually minimum wage. On the plus side you could end up working for say GAME and get a discount on your purchases to offset the low pay.

If you have any skills, far better to join an agency and temp throughout summer. I did this for one summer, worked 4 days a week and was taking home about £300 pw after tax which was big money (for me lol) back in the day. I guess it also depends on whether you live in a big city or out in the sticks. I’m sure you’ll do well whatever you decide.

Legend & Competitions Guru RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute RudeKev has a reputation beyond repute
    Awards Member of the Year 2011 - Winner
    Special Contributor Award Special Contributor Award Jan 2012 Spelling Award 2011 Most Popular Rpointer Member of the Month June 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nina_c79
    ...worked 4 days a week and was taking home about £300 pw...
    I don't think adeemnisar has the legs for dancing on tables
    10,000 posts
    Diet 16st 05lbs
    Start 18st 02lbs 14/9
    Wiina of the Presstidgeous Comedy award

Rpoints Elite qwerty321
    Actually got my insurance sorted today. An extra £450 or so for me to be added to my parents comprehensive policy which isnt bad IMO.

My first ideal job of working at 3mobile seems to have gone, they had an opening, went to apply online and its no longer there

Will have go down to my local shopping centre and see what else is on offer there.

Thanks for the info so far.

Moderator Chadwick will become famous soon enough Chadwick will become famous soon enough
    Awards Best Moderator of 2011
    If you can speak a foreign language to some degree, go get a job abroad waiting tables. It's essentially a paid holiday.

I did that many years ago when I was at uni. A waiting job in Switzerland gave me over £1000 disposable income each month plus tips of up to £100 a night. All I had to do was carry drinks to a table. That's not a shabby income today for a student - you can imagine how chuffed I was at the time!

Rpoints Elite qwerty321
    Wow, 8 months since I posted here last, doesnt seem like that!

Been quite busy with uni mainly and just completed the first semester of year 2. I got a break of 3 weeks, then exams, then back to lectures!

Luckily my list of things to do in the holidays has been reduced. I was looking for a work placement to do next year but I actually got a job offer today which I accepted!

Im very happy as it was the only interview I had given so far! Initially there were 4 vacancies for the job and I was told a few weeks ago that I came 5th. That was a bit of a downer. However, got a call today from the company and was offered a job for the same role. Snapped it up straight away, cant wait till I start in August

Apart from that nothing else interesting going on at the moment.